Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Ranger T or HST in 147gr 9mm ?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by The Retired Sarge, Dec 19, 2010.

1. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hi Mas,

I am retired LE and usually carry 40 and favor the heavy bullets. Working now with some 9mm pistols and favor the 147gr. In real world shootings how has the 147gr Ranger T actually performed? In testing I have found the HST more consistent and reliable in expansion.

Thanks and all the best for the holidays,
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Loas Angeles County Sheriff's Department and LAPD have reported great satisfaction with the performance of the 147 grain Winchester Ranger 9mm subsonic, and Portland (OR) Police Bureau is likewise very satisfied with the 147 grain subsonic HST. Both are among the very best loads currently available in 147 grain 9mm subsonic, in my opinion.

3. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks Mas,

I will go with the Winchesters since they are readily available every where at good prices and steady supply.. On the other hand , except in 40cal, HSTs are still very scarce even at cop shops, high priced, and the supply is very sporadic and uncertain. Bill