close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC, 1 dead.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gonetodarkside, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gonetodarkside

Gonetodarkside owl protector

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846"]LiveLeak.com - Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC, 1 dead.[/ame]

2. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

3. RazorTM

RazorTM

I'm an avid sport bike rider, but if the Daily Mail story is accurate, then I side with the Range Rover driver in this case. I hope he was calling 911 as he attempted to escape.

Oh, and open carry would have prevented this.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

What happened there? Looks like the squid was trying to brake check the truck. In which case, oh well....don't play tough guy with a 5,000 lb truck bearing down on ya.

5. hpracing007

hpracing007

Why were all of those motorcycles blocking the street and holding up traffic before the incident? I hate people who inconvenience me so meh.

**** motorcyclist who mess with traffic and "cagers" on the road, hope this taught them a lesson.

6. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Wait...you mean, a bunch of doucbebag crotch-rocket-riding morons clogging up traffic, doing wheelies, and breaking the law pissed off another driver?!

Imagine that.

I'm not condoning the driver's actions, but at the same time: this was bound to happen sooner or later. No doubt some d-bag crotch-rocket-riding moron on here disagrees with me. Because, ya know: they have such a stellar record of safe driving. Saints, the lot of them.

:upeyes:

7. hpracing007

hpracing007

Oh and to not sound totally cold...

Is the range rover okay?

8. droidfire

droidfire

Looks like darwin claimed another one, if the story is true that one is dead - I would think it was the one who was posing for the camera in front of the range rover before getting hit...

9. dac1204

dac1204

Wonder why the video went for almost 7 minutes but stopped like that. Guess he didnt want to show the people damagin the suv. Guy was out numbered and did eaxctly what i would hve in that case except I would not have went into traffic where you could get stopped.

Notice how the guy filiming kept looking back to see how many were coming with him?

10. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

11. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

The "sport bike" crowd here in the Dallas area makes the news frequently for blocking traffic and spooking motorists, some even raise the bar by slapping cars while surrounding them on the highway freaking the driver out.

I guess their helmets are too tight, many drivers can barely keep their car between the ditches with no distractions...riding motorcycles all around them and spooking them seems like a career limiting decision when they freak out and brake or spin the wheel.

It's never a good thing when people get run over, but if your actions continually bring that consequence on the table it's bound to happen. If you are perched on top of a machine that goes faster, stops faster, and flies like a football when struck by my 4000lb slow four wheeler...the onus is on you to keep yourself safe.

12. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

PSG-WSP!

All that vibration between their legs has dulled their brains.

14. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

You mad? Jeez. I ride a sportsbike so I'm automatically a ****** bag moron. Eric rides some wicked fast ZX-14's. Stereotype much?

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Watch that again. White bike guy was pushing him into the next lane to be a d-word. Then he cuts in front of him, looks back and brake-checks him.

Hard to "follow too close" when some dirtbag pulls in front of you.

16. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

You're kidding, right? Surrounded by what looks like 70'ish motorcycles, many of whom are riding irresponsibly and illegally, and you think the Range Rover was riding too close?

Get over yourself.

I will say that perhaps he should have pulled to the right, and waited for the mob to pass, then continued on his journey (that's what I would have done). If he had done this, there's a chance he wouldn't have rear-ended anyone.

17. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

What video were you watching? The sport biker clearly pulled in front of the Rover and intentionally tried to stop traffic. Sorry the Rover driver didn't stop in time to watch the illegal stunt show that was surely to follow...but if you stop in the middle of the road right in front of a moving SUV you are subject to that SUV and the driver's ability to read your law breaking mind and not hit you...he didn't.

After that he was surrounded by surely level headed and rational motorcycle enthusiasts right? If he felt threatened...which seems to be the case...he acted in self preservation and removed himself from the situation. Judging by the biker that opened his door at the 5 min mark...I feel like that sort of thing may have happened at the original crash site.

If someone rips my door open in traffic I am absolutely going to think the worst and act fast (I hope) to keep myself and my passengers safe.

Where are the police? 100 bikes on the road and countless witnesses to some crazy behavior...no law in sight.

18. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Waiter, another serving of calamari, please!

19. Anon1

Anon1

That there at the very end of the video is when we should have heard gunshots coming from the truck.

add: followed by throwing it into reverse and getting the hell out of there. Always leave an out when driving.

20. dac1204

dac1204

I dont see it the same way.

The bikers were blocking traffic by riding in such a tight group across all lanes. Do they not have slower traffic keep right laws there?

The guy on the bike brake checked the suv. Without being there I believe there was a confrontation. Before the film started rolling and that is why the bike brake checked him.

If i were hit like that I certainly would not go following the guy and beat him down like that. I guess it was the pack mentality.