close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Report : LWD Barrel in 45ACP

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by DoctaGlockta, Nov 7, 2012.

1. DoctaGlockta

DoctaGlockta
    Expand Collapse

Finally made it to the range with my G30SF and new LWD threaded barrel.

Only had time for about 50 rounds but all fed flawlessly with my 45acp reloads.

Good experience so far. And dare I say that it seemed more accurate than my stock barrel.

Not sure if I have the 'Glock Hole' or not as I didn't ask for it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

I still won't buy one of the their mystery country barrels.

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve
    Expand Collapse
    Decap Pin Killa

What was the load? I could tune something to work in my LW barrel, but it was very different than the load that worked in my Sig and 1911's.

4. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman
    Expand Collapse

No problems from my 6.02" 10mm barrel. LWD sale good barrels at a good price. I'm glad you like yours! :)

#4 PrecisionRifleman, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  5. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt
    Expand Collapse
    Enslaved in IL

Yep, they are great as long as you dont want to shoot lead bullets or deal with the owner.

6. Idaho Spud

Idaho Spud
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the guy asked me to test the GT Hole in a G23 with my cast boolits, and then when I got done, he gave me the barrel. What a jerk.

BTW, see full range report on this forum.

7. DoctaGlockta

DoctaGlockta
    Expand Collapse

My regular plain Jane load of 5.9 grains of Wonder Powder with a 230 grain MBC LRN. Mixed brass.

Loaded on an LNL-AP.

8. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

He acted like a jerk so he tried to create some good will through people like you. It makes perfect sense to me.

9. Idaho Spud

Idaho Spud
    Expand Collapse

If you haven't done so, check out the review I did of the GT Hole barrel and maybe some of your concerns about cast lead/LWD barrels wil be alleviated. If you really care, that is.

10. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

I have no concerns. I will not buy that product. I prefer KKM. I have owned both.

11. Idaho Spud

Idaho Spud
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I knew "concern" was the wrong word when I typed it. I should have said "complaint", but was trying to be delicate.

12. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve
    Expand Collapse
    Decap Pin Killa

I suppose I was more curious as to how short you'd have to load it...

13. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

I don't really have a complaint either. My LW barrel worked fine for me. I sold it to someone and he couldn't get it to run. I use a Lee sizing die, he used a Dillon. The barrel was OK. Ugly but serviceable. Lugs seemed oversized which I am not a fan of. I have seen reports of aftermarket barrels having miss shaped lugs and then breaking locking blocks. KKM seems more right to me in that regard. We are talking about a Glock. Mine shoots 2.5 inch groups of 10 rds at 25 yds with one flyer bring it to 4inch's. That is with my KKM barrel. FREESTYLE. Can't expect better IMHO. I dislike his attitude a great deal. Him giving you a free barrel doesn't change that a bit. I think he makes a solid "C" grade product. Plenty good for most people (honestly most people are Far Far better of with the stock barrel). But if you want a barrel for lead (not that you need it in every case) I would get a KKM or Storm Lake.

#13 Colorado4Wheel, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. Idaho Spud

Idaho Spud
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna to give you the last word, my Friend, the Wells Fargo Wagon just arrived with my 1851 Navy and I'm gonna go play.

15. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker
    Expand Collapse
    Jacks #1 Fan

Have you ever actually had to deal with the owner? Meaning first hand on a one on one business case basis?

Seriously, I have dealt with LWD for over 10 years and yes had an issue from time to time. Always been taken care of in a respectful and professional manner by simply sending a email or giving them a call.

JR and Zack over there are good people... I just got word they hooked up our local 3-gun "Toys for Tots" charity match this Saturday with some giveaways/prizes just a short amount of notice.

16. WiskyT

WiskyT
    Expand Collapse
    Malcontent

I know everything I need to know about him based on his posts on here. I pnly need to know about his conduct regarding business as that's the only way I'd interact with him. As for the toys for tots, John Gotti was very generous too, should I have a good opinion of him?

17. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker
    Expand Collapse
    Jacks #1 Fan

So you haven't... you won't... your opinion is duly noted as being based solely on your experience on the forum only, the same as some others and exact opposite of mine and others I'm aware of.

18. WiskyT

WiskyT
    Expand Collapse
    Malcontent

I don't need to know all that is JR, he's not JC for crying out loud. He's a rude person, and I won't describe it any further detail because they get all pissy around here and lock threads and issue warnings if you don't tow the line. I'm perfectly capable of forming an opinion of the guy based on his posts on here and I would not send him a nickle for his inferior products and service.

Maybe the next time a guy rams his shopping cart into my Achilles heel at the walmart and doesn't show the least bit of remorse I should first check on his charitable contributions before deciding that he's an *******.

19. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker
    Expand Collapse
    Jacks #1 Fan

Why you getting all pissy? A question was asked, though not directed at you, you answered and I acknowledged it. I'm not twisting your arm, asking nor wanting to know your opinion in further detail. If you don't like what people have to say about others, whether positive or negative that's fair enough, you have mature options to deal with it on this forum. The ignore button is at your disposal whether for JR, me or JC.

20. WiskyT

WiskyT
    Expand Collapse
    Malcontent

I'm not getting pissy at all. You're just putting that up as a strawman. Why are you doing that?