close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range report G21C .45 Cal

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by elijah58, Apr 21, 2012.

1. elijah58

elijah58

Yesterday my son (23) bought his third Glock the G21C We couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of the .45 Cal guns but, after shooting this one I have changed my mind. This gun is extremely accurate with factory ammo and the boom from it is unreal. I was standing kind of beside/behind him while he was shooting and I could feel the concussion each time he fired. The hand fit for me was very good it feels just like my G20 10mm, which they are the same frame. The "C" compensated ports in the barrel and slide not only look great but it reduces the recoil drastically it is just an all around good feeling gun. I have also bought the dies and bullets to start reloading this round also, I currently load the 9mm, 10mm, .357 sig and .40 cal. I have found my next Glock, now to just get the funds. Hey if anyone wants to donate to the cause I will be more than happy to accept it. LOL :) :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Sounds like a nice pistol!

I was testing out some .45ACP loads over the chrony yesterday, and I'm about 50fps shy of the published loads, but then realized that the guys writing the book tested out of a 5" barrel!

The one thing I'll give you a heads-up on is the .45 brass--I've been finding a lot of SPP cases from the guys who just leave their brass there to be stomped on at the range, and those things make loading a big headache, especially when the press is setup for large primer!

Mine are easy to pick out, since they have sharpie marks on them. Have fun loading out for that caliber! I get sick every time I see what stores are charging for .45 ammo nowadays, for either ACP or GAP. That is the reason why I built my reloading bench last year.

Are you going with a "C" model? Or a standard model?

3. Rev.357

Rev.357

How is the recoil, compaired with the other glocks we have shot? You know the upper end of the hot loads we have shot in the .357sig, .40cal, 10mm!

4. elijah58

elijah58

I plan on the "C" model, I love the control you get with the ported barrel, hard to beat.

Recoil is fine I think you actually feel more "concussion" from standing near than the actual recoil. I love it and know for sure what my next Glock will be.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Nice to hear another happy model shooter. The Glock 21 is a nice gun but the Glock 21C is feel so much better to shoot.

:50cal:

6. barth

barth six barrels

I have noticed that most ammo manufacturers
    list velocities for .45s from a 5" barrel;
    Federal HST 45 230 gr 890 fps
    Speer GDHP 45 230 gr 890 fps
    Win Ranger T 45 230 gr 885 fps
    and
    9, 40 and 357 Sig from a 4"

Fortunately my P220/45 has a Sport 5.47" barrel.
    And my G27/40 has a G23 4.02" barrel.
    [​IMG]

7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

8. larson1122

larson1122

Very nice, Congrats!

9. elijah58

elijah58

Just wanted to let you know,I don't know if you have a Palmetto State Armory nearby but we were there yesterday right after buying the G21C to get ammo and supplies for reloading. They had Winchester 230gr. FMJ box of 50 for 16.99. I couldn't believe this price. I also bought 2 boxes (all they had) of the Hornady 230gr. XTP's 100 count and got those for $18.95. they have some of the best prices around. They are actually a sponsor on here and have only been in business for about 6 weeks but have an awesome business and are planning to have an indoor range by June. Check them out www.palmettostatearmory.com