close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Range Report Bersa BP9cc

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by frank_drebin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Jan 15, 2009
    Had a chance to put a few hundred rounds through the BP today. We set up outside in 40f weather and put the gun through the ringer.

The first 4 mags were shot as fast as I/friend could pull the trigger. We wanted to see if it would suffer from any feeding or extraction failures from limp wristing or speed firing. No problems.

The next 48 rounds were shot slowly and deliberately at 20'. We set up some paper targets to make sure we could see where they were going and adjust around it if needed. I found that, at 20', I needed to cover the POA with the front sight and it would hit dead center. I was able to tear a ragged hole of about 2" at 20' with only one or two fliers. At 20' the gun was dead on vertical and horizontal.

I shot a mix of Tulammo and Walmart Federal 115gr. There were a few loose random brands as well but I couldn't really tell a difference between any of them. The gun was very pleasant to shoot and recoil was more like a G19 than a CW9. After a few dozen rounds I did find that my trigger finger would get pinched under the trigger if I let it drift low as I was shooting. The trigger reset was amazing after I got used to it and was consistent and predictable with an audible "click". This is not a gun that I would buy, load and carry without some really intensive trigger training. The trigger measures around 4lbs with my "fish scale" and has approx 10mm of overall first-shot travel and only 2mm of reset/refire. The first pull isn't an issue but if you like to shoot the reset you will need to really practice to keep from doubletapping. I will admit that I accidentally double-tapped a few times while I was getting used to the short stroke. After a few dozen rounds it became mechanical.

The last 100 rounds were shot from between 20' and 25' at small, staged targets. We used spent 20 gauge shells stood on end as targets and knocking them down one at a time was effortless. I must admit I was very surprised b y the accuracy f this small gun and can honestly say that I can shoot it every bit as accurately as my G19.

The only negative I experienced that is 100% the fault of the gun and cannot be attributed to my grip or trigger discipline (trigger bite / doubletap) is that the single pin used to hold the sub-frame in backed out 1/16" and I had to push it back in. Over the course of 200 rounds it started working itself out twice. I'm not sure is a tighter pin is the answer or maybe some locktite. It is important to note that I have taken the subframe out of the gun 5+ times now and the first time I had to knock it out. Each subsequent time I was able to simply press it out with a punch and my fingers.

All-in-all I give this gun an "A" for carry and will definitely recommend it to others. It is the perfect balance between size, capacity and concealability.

The slide of the gun is cut to accept a Glock Rear night Sight and a Sig front night sight. I am going to get them installed this week. It fits perfectly in my Tagua IWB holsters for the Kahr CW series.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Interesting report, I've never seen that Bersa before....it looks Steyr-ish.
    Glad it appears to be working out well, bersa's seem to be pretty decent buys.

3. KarlThomas

KarlThomas

Nov 29, 2010
    Kentucky
    I've not seen that gun before. Thanks for the report!
    My first thought was that it looks like the slide of a glock, the grip of an XDm, and the rest of the frame reminds me of a steyr! I think I like it.

4. March817

March817

May 12, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Any idea what SIG# equivalent the front sight is?
    Like #6 or #8 etc?

5. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Thanks so much for the range report. When I saw the other thread on this new Bersa I was interested; now I'm very interested!

6. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Very interesting. Never seen that before.

7. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Nice report.

Now that my Mini Draco is in the works I can begin saving for the BP9cc...the compact 9mm that caught my attention almost two years ago!:wow:

I am going to opt for the two-tone model, but the black looks nice too.

Enjoy your AWESOME little nine!!!!:wow:

TGG

8. frank_drebin

Jan 15, 2009
    Got the rear night sight installed yesterday. It is a Glock OEM and fits the slide nicely.I need to figure out which Sig front sight will match up best. I also corrected the pin problem by slightly misshaping it with the bench vice.

9. tshadow6

tshadow6

Jan 6, 2007
    I checked out the BP today. I am impressed enough to consider buying/trading for it. Do you have a holster for it? It looks like a great weapon for CC.

10. frank_drebin

Jan 15, 2009
  11. frank_drebin

Jan 15, 2009
    #8 should work perfectly with the Glock OEM single-hash night sight.

12. frank_drebin

Jan 15, 2009
    Took her shooting at Stockbridge Army Navy today: 100 more trouble-free rounds. I'm not the best shot but I did 1 fist sized hole at 25'. I shot it side by side with my Glock 36 and, quite frankly, I shoot much tighter groups with the BP9 than I do with the G36.

[​IMG]

13. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    Cool looking gun...never heard of it. Thanks for the report.

14. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'm definitely interested.

Can you give us a size comparison with a G-26 and how it feels in your hand?

I passed on a Glock G-33 because I like having all my fingers around the grip. I ended up with a Steyr S9-A1, which is turning out to be perfect. Most people haven't seen the sub-compact Steyr so my comparison may not register.

My sister needs a good pistol when she goes to her remote home by herself and the Bersa sounds ideal from your description. If she doesn't like it then I would have no qualms about having it myself.

BTW, how much should one expect to pay for this new Bersa?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  15. frank_drebin

Jan 15, 2009
    N$1617.27

The length of the grip allows for all of my fingers to remain on the grip. It is longer than a G26, closer to a G19. The .94" profile is where the difference is really noticeable. The tip of my middle finger actually wraps around the grip and contacts the base of my thumb. It is the same size as a Kahr CW9 if that helps.

16. PPinesRon

PPinesRon

Jan 23, 2010
    South Florida

17. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Yes, your description is a great help. The new Bersa is a pistol I'll definitely look into. Thanks for the report.