close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range recommendations

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by ArtyGuy, May 26, 2012.

1. Hey all--

The next stop on the Army train is FT Belvoir, VA. We are going to live in Woodbridge. I was wondering if any of you had any range facility recommendations? I'd like to keep the commute down as much as possible (recognizing driving is measured in time and not necessarily miles in that area).

Thanks- John

2. Austin Charles

Austin Charles Hi Jack!!!

Apr 1, 2003
    At Home
    Select Fire in Glen Burnie is not that bad. If you knew Gary you would like him, but he does seem to give that vibe that he has this 'chip on his shoulder". But in his defense between his INSANE HIGH insurance and a few of the complete dumb asses he has to deal with. I would probably be the same way.

But give Select Fire a thought. he is one of the last around.

3. DanGuy48

DanGuy48

Mar 11, 2016
    Just giving this an update bump. Two new indoor ranges have opened in Frederick County, Md since this was posted and one in Hagerstown.

The Machine Gun Nest. As the name implies full auto and suppressed weapons available. Bring your own or rent, hourly or memberships. Complete range with 12 lanes, 25 yard max. The range is rated for anything up to and including .50 BMG. Excellent reviews.

Heritage Training and Shooting Center. This is a range catering to the button down crowd, i.e., kind of high end. They have been primarily a training facility with one of the two 12 lane ranges available to the public. This might be changing recently since they just started taking memberships; it had been hourly only before. Also excellent reviews here.

Hendershots. This is associated with Hendershots gun store, in Hagerstown. It does not have the distance of the other two ranges but looked nice just from the one time I stuck my head in the door.

Head out the door and support your local ranges!