close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Range bags

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by NEW2GLO, Feb 17, 2013.

1. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ
    Hello, new gun owner here. I'm looking for a good quality range bag. Looking to hold two to three guns, ammo, cleaning kit, mags and all the other essential accessories to head out to the range.. I've been looking at the 5.11 range qualifier bag but not sure if I want to go with a over the shoulder bag or a tactical back pack.

Thanks..

2. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    I like using tool bags; bucket boss, clc, etc. A decent average size one is around $20

3. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    If it has to be an actual range bag Midway USA makes some that are popular

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. Supertuck

Supertuck

Feb 3, 2011
    Kentucky
    Ditto! I love my Midway USA range bag. They have some excellent sales at times throughout the year when the prices are even more reasonable than normal.

5. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    I don't use anything that looks like a range bag. Soft side coolers, tackle boxes, anything but a range bag. Camera bags are nice, many have fleece linings and come with velcro edged panels so you can create compartments inside. Of course cameras are only slightly less thief bait than guns.

Right now I am using a couple of Sears Craftsman tool bags, they came in a two pack, one large and one small, for a very reasonable price. Red and Black, says Craftsman on the side, does not say "Hit my owner on the head and steal a couple thousand dollars of guns and ammo." Ammo on the bottom in a layer, then tools like the stapler etc then a pistol rug, muffs etc. For serious range days I have a big Black and Decker tool box, 20+" long. That holds a rolled up carpet sample for the bench, binos, tools, some cleaning stuff etc.

6. MaestroDW

MaestroDW

Feb 16, 2008
    Tampa Bay, FL
  7. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I use a Harbor Freight tool bag that completely does not scream RANGE BAG.

$15, works fine.

I have a Gorilla box for more serious range days.

8. I have the MidwayUSA $49 special, I think it was $39 when I bought it. I compared it with one at a LGS (Blackhawk I think) that was identical, but was priced $110 or so.

It's been a good bag.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  9. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    I would go with the MidWay USA bags if I could not find something local I liked.

10. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    I bought MidwayUSA pistol range bag and its awesome. I am gonna however have to get the bigger one due to more pistol purchases.

11. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ
    Rolltide,

Do you have the competition bag which is the compact one? Looking to hold two to three guns, six mags or more, ammo, ear, eyes, targets and whatever else.

12. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I use a Shooters Connection bag and a 5.11 for Glocks.

13. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ
    EDE, how do you like the 5.11 bag?? I've been looking at the qualifier bag for my Glock as well.

14. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    All the guys I shoot with, and myself, use the Midway bags. Both sizes are handy to have.

15. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

Mar 10, 2001
    Southeast Michigan
    I use the one I got with my NRA membership. It's more of a small duffel bag, but it works.

16. Riversub

Riversub

Jan 7, 2013
    I debated between the large and medium and ended up selecting the medium size. It is has plenty of room and the quality is fantastic.

17. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    Totally agree with this. Ive got a Midway bag, hold 3 pistols, plenty of mags, ammo, tools, etc. [​IMG]

18. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
  19. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013