close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rand Paul Endorses Romney

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by GAFinch, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Oh dear.... The gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands will be loud after this revelation for sure.

Only tiny steps remain before a Romney/Paul ticket could be announced.

Which Ron supporters would vote for Romney if Rand were on the ticket????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqAv3Xv9AI"]RAND PAUL ENDORSES MITT ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT - YouTube[/ame]

:popcorn:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    It's not just a forced endorsement...he said that he's going to be going around actively campaigning for Romney.

3. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
  4. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Vote for Mittens at the convention, to avoid the perjury charge. Or not be seated for failing to sign the affidavit.

5. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    He's already said this in not so many words previously. Most reactions Ive seen weren't all that surprised since Rand is just starting his political career while Ron is finishing his (assuming a Romney nomination of course). Rand has been floated as a VP possibility to get Paul supporters on board but many aren't sold on Rand, myself included, so Mitt would pick up some votes but he would fail miserably if he thought Rand as VP alone would bring the entire few million votes Ron could bring, millions of dollars Ron can raise, and the activists that will get involved.

Awww...Im flattered you guys think about my reaction when Im not around.

Keep dreaming. There are no affidavits in my state and affidavits are worthless unless notarized anyway. Only Mass has threatened that nonsense and there's no legal backing for it anyway. Did I mention that Mass GOP today decided to seat the Paul delegation without affidavits and no legal challenges?

6. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    I love the "assuming a Romney nomination" part. I think that's been settled already.

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Sure... :tongueout:

So, about Rand, is he still a cool guy to you, or a neocon, liberty hating, big spending, obamacare loving, gun banning, SOB that Ron should have never impregnated.

Just wondering. :popcorn:

Would you vote in November for a Mittens/Rand ticket?

One thing is for sure, Mittens better double the Secret Service detail to the President if he picks Rand as his running mate, some of his dad's buds are crazy/committed enough to do bad things.

8. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    If you like to watch the mainstream media, Im not surprised you'd think that.

9. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    http://www.boston.com/politicalinte...al-district/unzd9f6y2MOOmjA95Wb3uL/story.html

Strange phrasology there but whatever...

I worked to get Rand elected. I think he's a good guy and of course I love his pedigree but his political philosophy needs to be fleshed out a whole lot more before I draw any conclusions on him. He hasn't really done much in the Senate so far. His opposition to some of the police state stuff was nice but he's maintained a low profile otherwise. Just don't have enough to go on yet and I realize he's just starting his political career so like so many other politicians (and voters...ugh) he'll get behind the one he thinks will win. Can't blame him for that at this point.

Doubtful without more concessions.

I agree with you there. Ive stated elsewhere before that I doubted a Rand VP and was convinced there would be no Ron VP since the POTUS would probably like to live through his first term. It's sorta tongue in cheek but not entirely. I know there are definitely some less-than-stable members of this movement.

10. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Ron Paul: I Won't Be The Nominee

Texas Rep. Ron Paul acknowledged in a message to supporters Wednesday evening that he will not end up with enough delegates to win the Republican presidential nomination — an obvious statement that may still come as a disappointment to the congressman's hard-core supporters.

11. I consider the possibility of ants whenever I go to a picnic.

How did Ron impregnate Rand?:headscratch:
    That word; I don't think it means what you think it means.:animlol:

12. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
  13. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

And right after Wisconsin, Romney scores the all-important game-changing Aqua Buddha endorsement. :)

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Try it this way, son of a woman that Ron should not have impregnated.

Clear?

15. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    It's from last night.

16. :therapy: You're the doc!

17. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    Apparently Ron and Rand are also watching the mainstream media.

Either that or they already know (like most of the rest of us) that Romney will be the nominee.

18. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Hahahahahaha, best thing I have heard today. I know Certified Funds and Ruble Noon are just sick.

He even did it on Hannity. Makes it even better.

The icing on the cake will be when Ron comes out with his endorsement.