close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Raleigh LEO Ammo Question

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by aujrb, Jan 17, 2010.

1. aujrb

aujrb

Jun 23, 2009
    East Alabama
    Hi Everyone,

Me and the family are heading to Raleigh tomorrow for a business trip, and I was wondering what type of ammo is carried by the local LEO?

I'm from Alabama with a concealed pistol permit and I know we reciprocate with NC. I like to try and carry the same type ammo as the local LEO's.

Thanks!

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Any off the shelf SD ammo is going to be fine in NC. We don't have the best gun laws but we got NJ beat hands down.

Any gold dot or ranger will be fine. Don't change your ammo unless you're 100% sure it will function without a problem.

Just don't forget that you have to follow our laws. No carry in restaurants that serve alcohol for on site consumption and no place that charges admission are two of the biggies.

3. pmj

pmj

Jan 9, 2010
    North Carolina
    The Wake County SO and NCSHP carry Gold Dot - both .357 Sig. Not sure what Raleigh PD and the other local agencies carry.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay here in the City of Oaks!

4. aujrb

aujrb

Jun 23, 2009
    East Alabama
    Thanks guys for the info!

I normally carry either 124gr +P HST or 127 +P+ Rangers in my G26...I'll go with the Rangers for the trip.

Thanks Again!