close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rail System, Lights, Lasers, etc. for a Mossy M590A1?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by JokerOne, Dec 31, 2010.

1. JokerOne

JokerOne

Dec 3, 2010
  2. i just bought the A1 9 shot model as well, but with a bead sight. as far as lights and rail are concerned im going to get a cdm gear MT clamp (sling swivel on one side and light rail on the other) and a streamlight tlr 1 flashlight. im not gonna do any laser or any additional rails.

3. Lasermax and XTI Procyon light. Sorry, but "Mossy"?:upeyes:

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I still reccomend the Surefire Forends, however, it has gotten much easier to mount a taclight on a shotgun in the last few years. A 6pLED or TLR-1LED would be a good choice.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Surefire fore-end. Skip most of the other crap except a sling and a means to carry ammo.

6. dc2integra

dc2integra

Oct 3, 2009
    If you have the money i suggest a surefire forend and maybe a mesa side saddle.

7. JokerOne

JokerOne

Dec 3, 2010
    thanks. I've owned an 870 wingmaster for 30 years. I love it. However I wanted something I could beat up and not spoil the walnut stock.

Also, I liked the placement of the safety and slide release, much better than where its placed on the 870.

8. WJR

WJR

May 13, 2002
    AL, USA
    Agreed. I am a lefty and the mossy suits me much better. Got rid of my 870.

WJR

9. Lampshade

Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    I have a Streamlight TLR-2 with pressure switch.

Its mounted to the barrel with another Streamlight part, I'm sure you can find it at their website.

10. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

Oct 11, 2001
    I know a lot of guys are saying Surefire forend. NOTE: A Surefire forend will NOT fit Mossbergs with the bayonet lug. the light hits the lug. Either remove the lug (sucks) or do something different.

I have a Mesa Tactical side saddle, and Mesa Tactical barrel clamp mount thing that has a piece of rail, allowing for Streamlight TRL-1 mount.
    [​IMG]

For the stock, I run an M4 stock with an Armstech Adapter (Tactical Components http://www.tacticalcomponent.com/Tactical Stock Adapter.htm)
    [​IMG]
    Looks like that ^^^^
    And a Magpul ambidextrous sling point and single-point sling.

I need to take pics of it at some point....

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  11. Incorrect, some of the Surefire forends will fit with the bayonet lug.

12. JokerOne

JokerOne

Dec 3, 2010
    thanks. I went with a UTG mount light system because of the bayonet issue. So far so good.

13. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    From what I understand there are some old ones out there but nothing made in the last few years will clear the bayo lug.

I use a Choate forend that comes with a piece of rail and three predrilled locations to screw it in. 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. I use a TLR-1. I like it because I can pull it off and put it on another gun if I want.

Surefire would be my second choice as long as they come LED these days.

14. They did that came down to clear it but they discontinued it. The 323 series they make now will clear it and I believe the 623LM/LMG will too.

15. mdfd

mdfd

Sep 29, 2006
    looks like VictoriagotaSHOTgun too!:cool:

16. :rofl: A couple actually. :supergrin:

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida

This is why I am not using a CDM gear clamp with a VTAC mount and Surefire 6PL with the dual switch kit. That may eventually get swapped out to a Surefire x300 or M300/600 Scout, but the 6P works for now. Unfortunately, it is just a lot of weight added to the muzzle end of the gun.

18. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    Awesome awesome boom stick, came close to adding one just like this to my collection not long ago, they had this thre actually.

19. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

Oct 11, 2001
    Sorry, I was wrong. Guess I wasn't aware of the new Surefire forends. I knew the old ones didn't fit.

The 323 would appear to fit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011