close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Racers...

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by GlockRat, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

May 8, 2004
    Houston
    Wanna race in a straight line :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm down with carb problems right now,then I'm getting married March 5th then back to the track for what should be an 11 second pass :)

All for less than $2000 including the car when it was a 4cyl :cool:

2. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Here goes my stang...not much more than stock though. 4.10s, LTs, 2 1/2 exh and a few other little stuff. Gotta get some decent aluminum heads and what not. Got an explorer intake and bigger air meter, injectors and junk sittin in the corner. My goals for near future is just high 12's on stock bottom end and no major mods.

3. Texas_Preacher

Texas_Preacher Cranky Old Goat

May 3, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, 11 seconds is faster than my old Chevy... I am lucky to get low 13s on a good day.

Might try you in the twisties though, give you a run for your money ;)

On a side note, what years did they have the LX notch-back style (none of the gawdawful hatch crap for me, bucko!) like that used by the CHP cars? 90-92 or something like that? I think it was the change right after the one like Ghetto is driving, where they scaled back the rubber on the nose.

I have always wanted to get one of those to play with, fix up a bit.

4. Ford302Glock21

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Thanks alot ;Q
    And LX notch was 87-93 with aero flat headlamps like mine and the rest were 4 eyed from 79-86.

5. Texas_Preacher

May 3, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Nothing personal ;e

Just never like hatchbacks. ;f

6. Ford302Glock21

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Well you could of said it a little nicer but this is Glock talk after all. `p

Hatches arent quite as sturdy and light as a coupe but if you enjoy more than being the absolute fastest car in the world the hatchback does allow for some benefits. Like the fact that I fit a 32" tv on the folded down seats with hatch closed ;f . Cant do that in my Lincoln. The fastback/hatchback rivalry goes all the way back to the 65 though huh? If you ask me...they both look kick ass

7. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

May 8, 2004
    Houston
    This is my 2nd coupe and I love it but I've always had a deep love for the hatchbacks. Just the coupe is a little easier hiding the bottle ;)

8. Texas_Preacher

May 3, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Whoa... had no idea I was opening up an old rivalry. I don't know much about Mustangs, I just know what I like. ;f

Hell, I drive a Corvette but I won't even buy one that has a hatch window in back. There hasn't been a coupe made since 1978 that I like. That horrendous bubble window hatch thing in the back completely ruins the lines in my opinion. Chevy did a great thing bringing back the FRC in the C5's, and a stupid thing letting it disappear again with the C6's. My distaste runs deep enough that when my wife finally decides to get that C6 she has been talking about, I am going to try and talk her into getting a convertible. That way, when my son graduates college in two years, I can get a Z06 and do a body swap with her car. ;a

9. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

Mar 19, 1999
    Woodbridge, VA
    Here is (was) mine...

1996 Impala SS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of mods... too many to mention... ran high 12's in the heat...

I ended up selling it to another racer, glad he is getting good use out of it. I miss it a lot!! Just, new house, more into guns... wasn't racing it much anymore.

Now I am stuck with my plain old 2005 Dodge Magnum RT... :)

10. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

May 8, 2004
    Houston
  11. Texas_Preacher

May 3, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Cool, I didn't know the Magum came in an R/T trim! There was a thread on the Corvette forum about a Magnum keeping pace with a 2002(?) C5 into the triple digits. Those things can move, eh?

What do you think of the car as a whole? I love the looks and, of course, the Hemi idea, but don't know anyone whoactually owns one.

How about a "Mini-review"?

12. Wicked96SS

Mar 19, 1999
    Woodbridge, VA
    Hey there Texas_Preacher...

The car is pretty fast... low 6 second 0-60, I think it is geared pretty nice... but it is nothing compared to my ole Impala!!

The RT is the V8 version of the car. 5.6 Liter, 340 HP. Mine is black with every option (navigation, blue tooth, satellite radio) except the roof rack. Didn't like the way it looked on the car.

Anyhow, the car is really smooth, comfortable, and quick. The gas mileage isn't that bad, gets about 18 MPG mixed driving (highway, city, and at least one WOT 0-60 on the way to work). Have only done one long highway drive, and got 22 MPG in it. I owe this of course to the "variable displacement" system on the Hemi. When you are cruising 4 cylinders shut off (no fuel, no spark), giving you better gas milage.

I got that instead of a Vette or even one of the new GTOs because I liked the looks, and it gives me enough room to haul rifles and stuff for the house around. Although, I am still working up the nerve to haul something messy in it!!

13. Ford302Glock21

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Dodges ;g Sorry can't help it ;f When you had the imp did you take it to the southern super heavy shootout? Supposed to be a buttload of impalas there. Couple Lincoln guys from another forum went up to that.

14. Congrats on the 05 Magnum. I just got an 05 Dodge SRT-4 now with mods. Its now putting out 450 WHP running the 1/4 mile 11.640@124.65. Dodge has really hit the spot with the SRT line-up, especially with the SRT-4 competing with the import tuner crowd. Imports, prepare for export! lol
    [​IMG]

15. Ford302Glock21

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    Geez got boost man? Did you change the turbo? They are high 13's stock at like 12 pounds already arent they? I heard you cant really bump them much higher. This is coming from a friend with a neon

16. Wicked96SS

Mar 19, 1999
    Woodbridge, VA
    Yeah, I went there one year, and did terribly... think I only went 3 rounds. I had traction issues... slicks were old...

All I got to say about that is: HOLY CRAP!! Outstanding job... N20? Would LOVE to see a video of that little bugger doing 11.6!!!

17. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

May 8, 2004
    Houston
    Modern Performance is about 1/4 mile away from my work so I see their 2 shop SRT4s on a daily basis,usually they're just blurs and exhaust ;)

18. san408

san408

Feb 17, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    My bucket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

410 inch windsor. Your basic money sponge. High sixes 1/8 mile on the motor, and it still gets driven.