close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Rabid Obama supporters boo 9y/o girl..NBC

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Skyhook, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Typical and hardly an isolated example.

3. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Well, we are talking about the same people that would boo God...

4. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Why is a 9 year old child involved in politics at all? A 9 year old child has no relevant opinion.

5. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    In 9 years, she will. Is it too early for kids to learn about politics, and what really goes on in the running of a nation? I encourage my 12 y/o to look into candidates for himself. I don't think that it's too early, per se. Her learning now, and not grasping all of it is better than waiting until she turns 18 and guessing who is the better choice.

6. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Apr 11, 2010
    The High Seas
    Yeah, it's better for them to wait and learn about politics from on MTV or in public schools.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    A 9 year old with good parents that are preparing her to go out into the world on her own in just 9 short years would not wait until the last minute to inform her. My kids have been asking questions about world events pretty much since they were
    Old enough to know there was a world. Might have had something to do with daddy running off to participate in them since they were very young. My oldest was 10 months old when I left for Desert Storm. You have to explain those things to kids early on so they know why you had to be gone.

8. My 11year old son knows more about the political process and policies of both candidates than any of those ignorant lefties booing. Hell, he probably know more than the candidates themselves:supergrin:
    At least he does not come out with the excuse to go to their websites to see the details.:rofl:

9. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Oh, I agree. By all means educate them. They're children. Let them soak up the information. But what business do they have offering their opinion up to people? A 9 year old's mind isn't physically developed to the point of being able to comprehend and discuss such issues.

Not that I agree with booing at a child. But I'd like to come upside the parents' heads for being idiots just as much as the boo'ers.

10. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
  11. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

Yep. Especially those that preach tolerance...:whistling:

12. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Yeah, because nothing that is done in politics affects their lives.

13. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Seriously?

Its a 9 year old child.

I mean, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Its a 9 year old child.

14. series1811

And, what is it intrinsically about a bright and aware, nine old child that makes them incapable of understanding politics as well or better than the average voter?

Explain that to me.

15. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    :rofl: No. I don't believe I, nor anyone else, could explain that to you. You have a good day, now.

16. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Wanna see some 'Obama-phone' voters for contrast ? ... :supergrin:

17. series1811

Well, it appears we are in agreement. I don't think you could explain it to me, either.

18. series1811

I didn't want to make it too political, but that is along the lines of what I was thinking. That or the "Obama is going to give us money out of his stash" video. :supergrin:

19. :faint:
    At what age should a child have a "relevant opinion" when politicians are busy spending the money the child will have to pay back when they reach adulthood?

She should be free to voice her opinion, especially when asked, since it's all she can do since she cannot vote her views yet.