Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

RA45SXT any collector value?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by rootpass, Apr 5, 2012.

1. rootpass

Jan 23, 2012
    I have four boxes of "Winchester Ranger SXT Controlled Expansion 45 Automatic 230 GR.SXT". Is there any collector value? If not I think I will shoot a box tomorrow to make sure they feed properly then use for carry ammo.
  2. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

The last ones that I sold on auction went for 80.00 per box. They were like new boxes and the ammo had never been fingered.

3. fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    That's ... interesting.

While I still have some of the early SXT loads in 2-3 calibers (I'd have to check), I think I have a case (or more) of the RA9SXTP 127gr load. I've been occasionally using it for the range (instead of a newer version). :faint:

Now I'm curious, though. I'll have to remember to check sometime and see if I have both of some of the RA45SXT & RA45SXTP tucked away among my older ammo.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. hotpig

The RA9SXTP used to not show up on gun broker very often. I bet on a good week it will fetch a good amount.
  5. Little Joe

Little Joe

Dec 28, 2007
    At The Ready
    I've got 2 boxes of S44M and 1 box of S357M in the black "Black Talon" boxes.

4 boxes of RA44SXN in white Winchester boxes.

Are these desirable to collectors, Mike.
  6. hotpig

Yes, all of the black bullets are to valuable to shoot. The 44 in the 50 round box is valuable to collectors and hunters.