R.O. "1 of 500" value

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Nickpisp, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Do you guys think a "1 of 500" R.O. will have any collectible value in the future?
    I got one fairly cheap and am debating on whether to keep it NIB. Let's not get into a "safe queen" discussion, I have safe queens and shooters.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Nope...

3. Honestly, if I got one...I'd prefer it without that stamp.

4. That's pretty much what I was thinking. The 500 don't even have consecutive serial numbers. I think I'll go take out and fondle it now. :rofl:

5. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

I'm guessing they very well might be. There are only 500 stamped, and once they're gone, that's it. That won't change. The stamp count isn't of sequential significance, it's just "1 of 500". If you buy one without the stamp, you'll get the same gun... but without the marking.

If that's worth something more to a sentimentalist, then so be it. They say "There's an arse for every seat" in the car business. I just ordered mine - sans stamp, and found a pretty good deal. I wasn't going to scrounge for a stamped one, but they do seem to be going for higher $, online.

#5 Big_Grumpy, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. If it was a Brown Centennial model that's another story, since they are only making this until the end of 2011 so ____ will be made and that's it.

7. you do know it is just 1 OF 500 and not the 1st one built out of 500 right?

You don't have the FIRST.

Even if you did, i don't think its a collectible.

8. I probably wouldn't even buy one with the mark, given a choice.

I find most of the sort of thing stupid.

9. Only reason I bought it was because it was cheaper than all the rest I've seen so far. I like my TRP alot more. :supergrin:

10. Quack

Quack Rent this space

from what i've read (and had others confirm) is that the "1 of 500" guns were given to the dealer if they ordered a certain 20 gun package (not just RO's) from Springfield, and they weren't supposed to be sold.

so think of it this way, the "1 of 500" guns are beta test guns :animlol:

11. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Then again... if they were beta guns, maybe they were hand fit to function to model production standards?

#11 Big_Grumpy, Dec 10, 2010
  12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

or crappier :rofl:

13. Yeah, don't they release betas to pretty much work out the kinks? :whistling:

14. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Well... they are what they are, and they're "1 of 500".

These guns appear to be on par with the STI Trojan too... Minus the front strap checkering, they look to be of similar build features. Color me wrong....

#14 Big_Grumpy, Dec 10, 2010
  15. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Just messing with you.

I would think the price target is the Spartan (with Trojan-ish spec) but the RO has the added advantage of the forged frame, though it has a MIM sear and hammer.

16. :rofl::rofl:

17. The Trojan uses the chainlink pattern. :tongueout:

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

The Trojan is STIppled, Ed Brown has chainlink :tongueout:

#18 Quack, Dec 10, 2010
  19. One of these days someone will pay me extra because it has that mark. :rofl:

20. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Don't forget the trigger, Quack. The plastic trigger would definitely have to go! :supergrin: I guess we'll see more folks' posts on how they shoot soon.

#20 Big_Grumpy, Dec 10, 2010