close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Questions re florida permit

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Arr6, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Arr6

Arr6 .com

Apr 20, 2009
    Illinois
    Its been a little over a month that the check was cleared. Question is, if there was any discrepancy in my application, would I have been notified by now?

Should I just assume everything is good to go at this point and wait for it to come?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    My wife submitted in Jan 09 and was notified in June that there was a problem. In her case she did not list employer because she was unemployed at the time. She finally got the permit a few weeks ago. From what I have seen they are moving a lot faster now.

3. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Jul 28, 2009
    FL CWP
    Weird I just double checked my application and they asked for occupation but not employer? :shocked:

-J.-

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Maybe it was occupation she didn't fill out. I didn't fill it out for her and didn't look at the letter from them about the issue but it took 5 months from when she sent it until they pointed out the problem.

5. U-phorik407

U-phorik407 'Night Michelle

Jul 10, 2009
    The Gunshine state
    Correct, it is occupation, not employer, for some reason this one sticks out in my mind... It's been about a month since they cashed the check for me, nothing yet. From what I'm hearing though the process is going a little faster so if there is something wrong with your application it may be 2-3 months in rather than 5 months.

6. Dogue

Dogue Trouble Maker

Aug 15, 2009
    SW Florida
    Wife's took just under 3 mths to arrive (just a week ago) so they are catching up. If there are any problems you'll probably know by the end of month 2.

Enjoy the wait.

7. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Jul 28, 2009
    FL CWP
    That's encouraging I sent mine in last week...

J.

8. BSG62

BSG62 Pistolero

Apr 21, 2009
    Hampton Roads, VA
    My boss sent his application off 3 weeks ago, and his license came in yesterday. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the application packet go in the mail with my own two eyes.
    Perhaps they are getting caught up?

9. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    sound like they are

10. gatorider

gatorider NRA Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Central Florida
    3 weeks, WOW! either they hired more personnel or applications have dropped off considerably.

11. BSG62

BSG62 Pistolero

Apr 21, 2009
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Yeah, for real. I was seriously shocked. Another co-worker sent theirs off the same day, I'm curious as to when that one is going to show up.

12. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Jul 28, 2009
    FL CWP
    Wow that's great news...I sent mine in last week and they cashed the check today...here's hoping for 2-3 weeks delivery time :whistling:

-J.-