Glock Talk banner

Questions for a REAL expert.

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mas Ayoob 
#1 ·
First the situation: Two guys facing each other at 10 yards in the middle of the desert, each one armed with a pistol. There is NO concealment or cover. Both are right handed. Each one is going to draw and fire.

Question#1: Which way you are going to move suppose your adversary is at 12 o'clock.
Are you going to move to the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11or12 o'clock direction?

Question #2: Are you going to: run, walk or walk fast?

Thank you very much in advance.

#2 ·
Magnum 357, I think your question calls for an open thread with lots of opinions. Heck, it could sustain a book, particularly when you consider the essential, but unasked question: do you move and shoot at all, or stand your ground to fire?

Any combatant needs to fight toward his strengths and away from his weaknesses. Personally, I hit a lot better on moving targets when I fire from standing, than I hit on standing targets while moving rapidly enough to be a significantly more difficult target myself. Lots of shooting in tactical replication scenarios will help the individual decide which is the most promising strategy for him or her. So will Force on Force training, but in the latter, keep in mind that real bullets travel a lot faster than Simunitions or Airsoft pellets.

Physical attributes of the individual will also come into play here. Are you a naturally gifted athlete who can glide in any direction with the smoothness of a ballerina on ice skates, or are you a naturally clumsy guy with bad knees and a severe weight problem that force you to waddle like a ruptured duck, making your body a much less stable moving gun platform?

The variables make it a natural for thread discussion in a venue such as GT Tactics and Training.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question more decisively,

Mas

#3 · (Edited)
Good points let me try to help giving more details:

Let say I can move without been a ballerina and I want to move. Let say I can hit my target very well moving.
Base on the above premise what will be the answer to my questions.
By the way, where do you teach?
Thanks a lot in advance.

#4 ·
Magnum, I have a sense that when Eric created the GATE section, he was looking for questions that lent themselves to brief responses, and you're demonstrating why (as I explained above) your question is way too open-ended to fit that profile.

For example, while you say you are good at shooting on the move, you don't quantify your speed/accuracy level doing so vis-a-vis your speed/accuracy level when "standing your ground" as you fire. Altogether too many variables for the short questions with short answers that GATE is geared for.

Bring your question as a thread in T&T, and I'll be happy to participate FWIW, as will many others, I'm sure. See ya there.

best,
Mas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.