close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Questions about North DC/ South MD area

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by phx223, Jun 1, 2009.

1. phx223

phx223

Apr 25, 2009
    Ok I am moving to DC for school, I will be going to Montgomery College and my significant other will be going to USUHS for medical school. We are looking at places close to red line stops (1-2 blocks) (we don't want to use our car much) and can't tell what areas are good and what areas are bad. Looking at North Bethesda, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, and Chevy Chase if we can find a bus route.

Any advice on those areas (our budget is 1800 with utilities, or 1600 w/o)

2. NRGarrott

NRGarrott

Aug 25, 2008
    Almost all of Montgomery County is nice, i would definitely choose Bethesda first if your into the night life, then Chevy Chase and Takoma Park. Silver Spring is nice but not as ritzy as the other communities. Silver Spring has the largest hispanic population also.

3. You will get the most for you $ in Silver Spring. Bethesda, Chevy Chase are nice, but you won't be able to get as much for your dollar. Good luck.

4. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

May 18, 2004
    On the way to crazy
    North Bethesda is really Rockville, which is fine for the most part too. Did you decide on anything yet?

5. phx223

phx223

Apr 25, 2009
    Picked rockville, its pretty nice wte of traffic that is. One question, how do I go about registering my handguns?

6. You register your guns by taking them to the nearest MSP barracks. Registrations is voluntary for out of state residents moving to MD, its only required when purchasing a gun in MD. I would still recommend registering because if a gun isn't in the MSP database they WILL assume it is illegal until you can prove otherwise.

7. fearnutsnotguns

fearnutsnotguns Chem Major

Jul 1, 2009
    Maryland

Roy?? Para P-16 and always in the center?

8. phx223

phx223

Apr 25, 2009
    Ah its registered in Cali, and I have all the paperwork for it so I don't think I will register it here too. Not that it matters as I am not going to be taking my guns anywhere (not able to hunt this year, and just don't have the money to go shooting for fun).

9. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Aug 23, 2002
    OAF Mecca, MD
    Just saw this - if your SO is ever by Walter Reed then tell her to come say hi