close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by mike0262p, Sep 12, 2013.

1. mike0262p

mike0262p Spider

Aug 22, 2013
    Tennessee
    Are the Glock commemorative sold through Glock or are they sold through a second party (like the commemoratives that you see in gun magazines) and sanctioned by Glock? I am interested in possibly getting into collecting commemoratives.
    How often do they have commemoratives and will they be posted on their web site?
    Thank you

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Hi Mike. The Glock Commemoratives are ordered by the organization through one of the special distributors which handles them. (Only 2-3 of Glocks distributors can order a commemorative series.) Glock basically finds doing them a PITA, and they provide NO support for collectors. A few commemoratives were "invented"/designed by the distributors themselves (Desert Storm, 9/11) but most are commissioned and sold through the organization which wants them. GSSF, since it is part of Glock, would be one commemorative Glock came out with on their own, and the 20th and 25th Anniv. Glocks would be the only other two Glock-originated commemmoratives.

The only way to find them is to keep your eyes open (wide!). I look here often, gunbroker, and joining the Glock Collectors Association would be the other two good ideas.

3. mike0262p

mike0262p Spider

Aug 22, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.:cool: