Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Question on pot heads..

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Detectorist, Aug 10, 2011.

  1. Detectorist


    Jul 16, 2008
    Besides the normal possession charges, are there specific laws, let's say in Missouri, which prohibits folks from smoking in front of their 2 yo child?

    I ask because I need to put the fear of God in a young mother. And yes, she is HAWT!
  2. Big House

    Big House Biggest member

    Sep 22, 2009
    Child endangerment, child neglect, state removing child from home. Can't see any of it happening though, as the system is overloaded. There would have to be some severe issues involved.

  3. Goldendog Redux

    Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

    Aug 22, 2003
    You could always just sit down with her, have a few beers and have a heart to heart talk with her about the evils of marijuana.

  4. SCSU74

    SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

    Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    i always recommend a call to child protective services (CPS) they have a lot more power when it comes to punishment for neglectful parenting.
  5. Hack

    Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

    There is Family Services down your way. But, I don't know how they are there, or whether they will take it as an opportunity to get the child in the state system. If that happens the child will be placed in a foster care system for sure, first for protection as they investigate the mother. I honestly don't totally care for them, as I do know of a child, (now an adult), who has had her own abuses suffered under the foster care system.

    So, get her sat down with people whom she can trust, including yourself. Have an intervention with some facts. You can get those facts straight off of the government and legal web sites that are available.

    Here is a start:
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  6. I would call Social Services and let them deal with it, and then make some tracks. I'm not perfect myself, but I have no intention of associating with a pothead, or anyone else who is into substance abuse.
  7. Not from MO but Child Endangerment (or something equivalent) comes to mind.

    I too wouldn't want any of that drama... or any future dramas.
  8. CAcop


    Jul 21, 2002
    Child endagerment in my state. CPS would tell her to knock it off. Same as if she was getting blitzed on beer.

    And if you are hitting it either get snipped or stop hitting it. Running as fast as you can would be best.
  9. Hack

    Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

    I agree, especially on the last one. No physical, and emotional attachments in that regard.
  10. Kadetklapp

    Kadetklapp Methberry PD

    Jan 2, 2007
    Neglect of a dependent, taking child to a common nuisance.
  11. DaBigBR

    DaBigBR No Infidels!

    Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    We would charge Child Endangerment here, don't know about MO.
  12. SCSU74

    SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

    Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    CPS down here is pretty solid they will actually remove children from homes and the majority of them work very well with PD. I have a few that i feel comfortable calling and giving info to, they usually are the ones that are the most help :)
  13. Detectorist


    Jul 16, 2008
    Thanks for all the advice!

    I wish I were hitting it. :rofl: