close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question on LEO buying personal weapon

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Keoking, Feb 2, 2013.

1. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Ship,

If you re-read my post I didn't say anything about store sales other than if they sell the weapon to you at a reduced price and do not charge taxes they are a LE dealer for Glock. I have no experience with walking into a LE dealer and buying a Glock at LE price out the store. We have to order all our Glocks and that form is a requirement to get LE prices from any of our distributors on firearms.

Deadman,

That form I posted above is our GT Dist form for buying Glocks. We have to order them though, we can't walk in.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

2. If anyone presents an agency letter, the purchase is tax exempt.

If you buy a gun without an agency letter, you're supposed to pay tax. If the LGS sells it to you without charging tax, it's a sales gimmick to close the deal. Every buyer loves to hear the salesman say "OK, I won't charge you tax." Basically the LGS is giving you a 4, 5 , 6, 7 percent discount (based on your local sales tax rate).

Personally, I've always countered by saying, "how about giving me a 20-percent discount, and I pay the sales tax."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013