Question on LEO buying personal weapon

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Keoking, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Ship,

If you re-read my post I didn't say anything about store sales other than if they sell the weapon to you at a reduced price and do not charge taxes they are a LE dealer for Glock. I have no experience with walking into a LE dealer and buying a Glock at LE price out the store. We have to order all our Glocks and that form is a requirement to get LE prices from any of our distributors on firearms.

Deadman,

That form I posted above is our GT Dist form for buying Glocks. We have to order them though, we can't walk in.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 spcwes, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Patchman

Patchman Florist

If anyone presents an agency letter, the purchase is tax exempt.

If you buy a gun without an agency letter, you're supposed to pay tax. If the LGS sells it to you without charging tax, it's a sales gimmick to close the deal. Every buyer loves to hear the salesman say "OK, I won't charge you tax." Basically the LGS is giving you a 4, 5 , 6, 7 percent discount (based on your local sales tax rate).

Personally, I've always countered by saying, "how about giving me a 20-percent discount, and I pay the sales tax."

#42 Patchman, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013