Question on G20

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by moglk47, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Just purchased a G20 Gen 2 with full box of 135 gr. corbons and carbide dies for $450. Can someone tell me difference in the gen 2 and gen 3? Is there any probs with the 2 and is that a decent price? This is my first 10mm and haven't got to shoot it yet.I do have a g19 already.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Two Tough Questions The Lighter Side Thursday at 3:58 PM
    Question on G19 Gen 2 Glock Collector's Club Wednesday at 2:33 PM
    OAL Question Reloading Wednesday at 9:19 AM
    HK91 question General Firearms Forum Tuesday at 5:22 PM
    2 quick questions General Glocking Tuesday at 2:51 PM

3. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

The gen 3 has finger grooves on the grip and the gen 2 does not. Aside from that I don't know of any real difference between the two. Since you got carbide dies too, as long as yours has no specific problems & isn't a jam-o-matic, I'd say you got a pretty good deal.

4. moglk47,

Nice find, and good grab! Quite a few GTers, consider the 2nd Gens to be the best of the bunch. My first G20 was a 2nd gen, and there is nothing, whatsoever, to be concerned with, in that model. Shoot the pistolero out of it!:cool:

5. Thanks guys!!!

6. Like others have said, the Gen2 has no finger grooves. It also doesn't have the rail attachment for a light or laser. The Gen3 does. Otherwise they are identical.

You can pick up a new G20SF for around $550, so considering that you got 60 bucks worth of ammo and 50 bucks in reloading dies for a total savings of $210, I'd say you did alright. I did the same thing when I got my g20 (a used Gen2 because I hate the fingergrooves).

I am considering picking up the g20SF though..even though I don't like the fingergrooves, The smaller front to back distance might be worth it as I find the standard g20/g21 frame a little on the chunky side.

7. 10 fan

10 fan 10 fan

I bought a Gen 2 G20 in 1991 and have never had a problem. Don't shoot it much anymore as I have a Gen 3 SF on my permit so train with it.:cool:

8. My gen 2 was also my first Glock.....many,many years & Glocks ago.
    It currently has about 35-40 K thru it, minimal problems,usually caused by me, not the pistol !
    Only 2 real problems, both ammo related: One KB!, loading manual misprint & one stoppage, IDPA gamer load, fault albert.

uncle albert