Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Question on G20

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by moglk47, Oct 28, 2012.

1. moglk47

Jul 18, 2009
    South East,Mo
    Just purchased a G20 Gen 2 with full box of 135 gr. corbons and carbide dies for $450. Can someone tell me difference in the gen 2 and gen 3? Is there any probs with the 2 and is that a decent price? This is my first 10mm and haven't got to shoot it yet.I do have a g19 already.
  2. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    The gen 3 has finger grooves on the grip and the gen 2 does not. Aside from that I don't know of any real difference between the two. Since you got carbide dies too, as long as yours has no specific problems & isn't a jam-o-matic, I'd say you got a pretty good deal.

3. alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005

Nice find, and good grab! Quite a few GTers, consider the 2nd Gens to be the best of the bunch. My first G20 was a 2nd gen, and there is nothing, whatsoever, to be concerned with, in that model. Shoot the pistolero out of it!:cool:
  4. moglk47

Jul 18, 2009
    South East,Mo
  5. bushjumper

Jul 12, 2002
    Arizona, USA!
    Like others have said, the Gen2 has no finger grooves. It also doesn't have the rail attachment for a light or laser. The Gen3 does. Otherwise they are identical.

You can pick up a new G20SF for around $550, so considering that you got 60 bucks worth of ammo and 50 bucks in reloading dies for a total savings of $210, I'd say you did alright. I did the same thing when I got my g20 (a used Gen2 because I hate the fingergrooves).

I am considering picking up the g20SF though..even though I don't like the fingergrooves, The smaller front to back distance might be worth it as I find the standard g20/g21 frame a little on the chunky side.
  6. 10 fan

10 fan 10 fan

Nov 20, 2011
    Lake McClure,CA
    I bought a Gen 2 G20 in 1991 and have never had a problem. Don't shoot it much anymore as I have a Gen 3 SF on my permit so train with it.:cool:
  7. VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    My gen 2 was also my first Glock.....many,many years & Glocks ago.
    It currently has about 35-40 K thru it, minimal problems,usually caused by me, not the pistol !
    Only 2 real problems, both ammo related: One KB!, loading manual misprint & one stoppage, IDPA gamer load, fault albert.

uncle albert