close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question on Dillon accessory???

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by davesretired1, Aug 21, 2010.

1. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    Has anyone tried the roll around cage that Dillon sells for picking up brass? I know my back would appreciate it if it really works. Didn't think to look at it the last time I was over there. By the way, if any of you are out the Phoenix/Scottsdale way, they have a nice tour of the building. The only place they don't take you to is the part of the building where they build the Aero mini-gun. You can look at it through the chain link. TIA.

2. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Don't know about the Dillon model or the cost, I use the Brass Wizard, around $45. Best thing invented since sliced white bread... especially if you're shooting on the butler's day off.

Jack

3. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    I got one at one of my gun clubs. Probably the same company. I like shooting over a mesh tarp better and use a gopher pick up too for the ones that make it off the tarp. If you have rocks or small holes in the dirt they don’t work very well.

4. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    They work, but they pick up everything. So if you shoot where there has been a lot of Blazer alum & wolf going down, you still have to sort the good from the bad. Borrow some kids, pay then w/ an icecream, works just as well.

5. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    So I take it that it won't to well in the gravel that my club uses for mud control.

6. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Nope it picks them up too.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    http://www.amazon.com/Oxo-Grips-Upright-Dustpan-Silver/dp/B0000CFNVN/ref=pd_sbs_k_4

Works on any surface... :) I get gravel in my bucket on occasion. I put the brass in my big bucket, go home, run all contents through my media storter(Frankford Arsenal)... If you use just a little bit of care during sweeping, I'd say a vast majority of the junk, gets culled out at this point. Every so often I have to pull out a larger piece of gravel. After that, I start sorting and inspecting brass to be cleaned.

IGF

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010