close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question on .380 self-defense ammo in a Kahr P380.

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by austin_tx, Oct 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. austin_tx

austin_tx

Jun 28, 2010
    Mas,

For starters, I agree with you that the .380 is an unsatisfactory self-defense round. Nevertheless, there are in fact times when even my Walther PPS or a Kahr PM9 are too big for carry and all I can manage is a smaller mousegun. Also, when I am carrying a 9mm, I would still like to have a pocket .380 as a BUG. Accordingly, I'm looking at picking up a Kahr P380 soon.

I know the .380 results are all at least somewhat dismal, but I would still like to know your thoughts on the best self-defense rounds available in this admittedly sub-par caliber.

Do you have data on the CorBon 80-grain DPX or their hotter 90-grain JHP? Are there any other rounds worth considering?

Thanks again for your help.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Don't know of any shootings with either in the .380 chambering, bro. The DPX LOOKS promising, and their hot .380 JHP roughly duplicates the ballistics of a 9X18.

best,
    Mas