Glock Talk banner

Question for users of CT Lasergrips on Glocks

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Bill Lumberg 
#1 ·
It appears the lasergrip wraps around the back of the grip beneath the beavertail (if you can call it a beavertail on a Glock). How much does that push your hand down on the grip compared to a stock grip? Glocks need to be gripped high and I don't think I'd like it if the lasergrip forced my hand down even a little.

#7 ·
It appears the lasergrip wraps around the back of the grip beneath the beavertail (if you can call it a beavertail on a Glock). How much does that push your hand down on the grip compared to a stock grip? Glocks need to be gripped high and I don't think I'd like it if the lasergrip forced my hand down even a little.

I didn't like the rear activation of the CT LaserGrip. I MUCH prefer the front activation of the CT LaserGuard. Be aware that the LaserGuard limits your holster choices.

#11 ·
I own or have owned CT laser grips. I have a set for my smithand wesson 638 and they work well. I have the CT Laserguard 426 on one of my G27 works fine using a pocket Aholster or smart carry. I have owned 2 629's I had on 2 G29's and would not recommend the for the following reason
To clean the weapon the pin that holds the CT to the grip has to come out.
After firing as few as a few hundred rounds the holes in the CT elongate
Both of these actions make the CT loose enough on the grip causing the laser loose zero wile firing and just by a change in grip pressure.
After 1000 rounds on my G29 I constantly had to rezero to the point that they became useless. When I traded my standard 29's for 29sf and a 20sf I bought Lasermax. They have been dead on accurate from day one. Over 1000 full house loads thru both guns and no major issues. They are so accurate that used them to zero my iron sights. I spent a lot more money for them but they are well worth it. Lasermax for the 29sf have had occasional problem with laser going on when firing because off hand thumb activates the laser. I will never but CT or Lasermax Sabers that attach to the gun using the rear glock pin tro secure for the reason mentioned above.

#13 ·
I own or have owned CT laser grips. I have a set for my smithand wesson 638 and they work well. I have the CT Laserguard 426 on one of my G27 works fine using a pocket Aholster or smart carry. I have owned 2 629's I had on 2 G29's and would not recommend the for the following reason
To clean the weapon the pin that holds the CT to the grip has to come out.
After firing as few as a few hundred rounds the holes in the CT elongate
Both of these actions make the CT loose enough on the grip causing the laser loose zero wile firing and just by a change in grip pressure.
After 1000 rounds on my G29 I constantly had to rezero to the point that they became useless. When I traded my standard 29's for 29sf and a 20sf I bought Lasermax. They have been dead on accurate from day one. Over 1000 full house loads thru both guns and no major issues. They are so accurate that used them to zero my iron sights. I spent a lot more money for them but they are well worth it. Lasermax for the 29sf have had occasional problem with laser going on when firing because off hand thumb activates the laser. I will never but CT or Lasermax Sabers that attach to the gun using the rear glock pin tro secure for the reason mentioned above.
The problem you had with the CT sounds like you had the older LG-617, the newer LG-417 does not utilize the trigger housing pin hole, instead the two sides screw together right beneath the slide plate cover...creating a more defined beaver tail. I like my LG-417, have it on a G22 and has been very accurate for a little over 500 rounds so far with no adjustments.

#15 ·
It's not a huge deal, but it is one of the reasons lasermax internals are tops for glocks. Crimson trace is the best for revolvers and other guns that lasermax isn't available for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.