close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question for the Ruger Brain Trust

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by WILLSARV, Sep 11, 2010.

1. WILLSARV

WILLSARV

Jan 11, 2004
    I just purchased a NIB Ruger MKII NRA/William Ruger commemorative. It has a serial number of NRA 23xxx. Does anyone know when this was made? It has the test fired shell with a date but the printer missed the center of the date so I can't really tell. It also has the Ruger CocoBolo Wood Grips With Red Ruger Medallion. I was thinking all of the commemoratives came with the white ivory. Anyone have any information on that?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I recently traded into pretty much the same gun, white grips though, NIB. I have an older Mark II, which is my shooter. I don't think they are worth any great amount over the price of a regular Mark II in comparable condition. I wanted one without any extra weight of a bull barrel. I just ordered some black grips to put on it, set the white aside. My plan is to possibly gift the gun in the future, graduation present. I will keep it unfired & new for that reason. I did take it apart,clean, & lube it. I could go check the date later & get back to this. There is usually a cross reference SN/date available on the Ruger website.

3. WILLSARV

WILLSARV

Jan 11, 2004
    Thier web site didn't show the NRA prefix serial numbers.

The MKII's are a great shooter. I now have about five of them. The 4" pencil barrel seems to be every bit as accurate as the bull barrels to me. I just like the looks of them. I have a hard time passing on the MKII's when I find one.

4. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    Mine is NRA-136xx and has the test fire date of Oct 2003.

5. WILLSARV

WILLSARV

Jan 11, 2004
    Just called Ruger and it's 3/14/2006. Maybe the later ones came with the Cocobolo grips.

I would still like to know how many were made if anyone has that information.