close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question for non-RP supporters

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by beforeobamabans, Mar 23, 2012.

1. How do you like yet ANOTHER half-ass candidate shoved down your throat by the GOP Establishment? :faint:

2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

Who are you referring to?

The only candidate anyone is trying to "shove" down my throat is Ron Paul.

You may not approve of the other candidates, but remember this about Ron Paul and his strict constitutionalist agenda:

"Ron Paul has no chance of winning the nomination... and his libertarianism is pure hocus-pocus science fiction, evidenced by the fact that it's never been successfully implemented. Ever.

But Ron Paul's supporters don't know it. Or, at least, none of them can describe a single instance in history when such a system has prospered without serious consequences and horrendous side-effects."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-fantastical-crackpot-_b_1200608.html

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

3. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I guess Huffpo has never heard of America. :dunno:

4. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Gee, were prospering to the tune of what 14.7 trillion dollars in debt? I guess y'all have it all figured out though huh?

5. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Really JB?

Huffington Post?

Really?

[​IMG]

Just put it on.

6. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    If by "establishment" you mean your neighbors voting for somebody other than your favorite I guess you could say they were shoving down your throat.

Majority rules and it suck when you are in the minority.

7. engineer151515

engineer151515

Nov 3, 2003
    Another home run by CAcop.

Truth is, I have a fundamental problem with any candidate that thinks any scenario where the government (state or federal) can force an individual into a commercial contract as a condition of citizenship even remotely pass Constitutional muster.

But, I also believe 5 Trillion more dollars of national debt will break us and the current administration must be voted out as a matter of our national credit/currency survival. Most of us have not experienced a currency collapse but learning from the people that have, it is hard times on steroids.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  8. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Carson Valley

Jun 28, 2003
    Bozeman, MT

Another homerun? Really?

If our national debt is a symptom, then the false-premise of majority rules is the disease. We are not a Constitutional democracy, and, thus, by becoming a democracy we have abridged any and every Constitutional standard. The majority brought us Obama, brought us to bankruptcy, and will bring us to moral distruction (if we aren't already there). The majority of individuals in this country, regardless of whether they think of themselves as liberal or conservative, believe that they know best how to spend wealth earned by others, and attempt to do so through the coercive arm of the government. In whatever context you may fashion, a majority of Americas is merely a conglomerate of individuals wishing to control every aspect of each other's lives through legislative means.

Whomever is the next President (including RP) will have no ability to veer this country from starvation if we as a society continue to call thievery welfare. Alas, the likely candidates are not departures from our culture's moral depravity, but are creatures, each and every one of them, of it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  9. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
  10. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    This is a home run. Well said.

11. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    :rofl:

that's the stupidest quote i've read in weeks, i almost believe the author must be trolling Rp supporters for comments. that or they're just an idiot

at least you've found your true home- you'll love the stuff they publish there, they love wasting money on welfare and big government too, so there'll be plenty of ron paul trolling. Home at last JB.

12. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Jul 9, 2005
    That's fine, Paulistas. Go ahead and pout. If your guy can't even get the Republican nomination, has never held a statewide office, and has never held an executive position or run anything but a small medical office, how can you believe he'd win the presidency?

If you believe it's Ronnie Earmarks or otherwise you'll support Obama, you'll guarantee that the next Supreme Court justice Obama nominates in the next four years will give the 5-4 majority to the Natsos as we get another Kagan or Sotomayor (not a Scalia or Roberts). You will lose your Constitutional rights, whether you like it or not.

13. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

Dec 28, 2006
    MO
    Republican primary is still going. People are voting for whom they want. How is someone getting shoved down their throat again?

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Repeal the 17th Amendment!

Excellent post BTW.

15. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I'm not pouting. I'm earnestly watching the downfall of the two party political system and the USC. This was the best and brightest they had to offer?

If the voters and the Republican party wanted a win and a conservative they would have supported RP and denounced the media's censoring. They don't so they didn't. The message was loud and clear.

The GOP sealed their own fate.

16. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Jul 9, 2005
    Sounds like pouting to me. :dunno: Just because a hypocritical blowhard like Paul, who (as was said of Newt) enriched himself using the system, can't win the nomination, it doesn't mean the nation is lost. I mean, if the dispute between Jefferson and Adams didn't tear the country apart, perhaps there is hope. :whistling:

17. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    The values and tenants of what used to be the GOP and conservatism in general has gone by the wayside.

Call RP anything you like, his track record speaks of adherence to the USC and conservatives values. Much more so than any other candidate offered. That's not hyperbole, there is every indication that he was shunned by the Republican party because of his values and voting record.

18. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    Just the facts

19. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Is that all you got? :whistling:

20. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    If it's so stupid, then maybe you wouldn't mind providing an answer?

Tell us when Ron Paul's so called libertarianism has been successfully tried in this country,
    without any bad side effects?

If libertarianism is sooooo wonderful and the answer to all our problems,
    then why hasn't it ever been implemented on a national scale?

After all libertarianism has been around since 1971.
    Why hasn't it caught on?