close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for Mtac and vm2(or tt gunleather) owners

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Knighj1, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Knighj1

Knighj1
    Expand Collapse

In order to achieve the same cant angle as these nice leather holsters, what holes must you use front and back on the mtac?

I know there may not be holes to get it exact, so pretty darn close will do.

Reason is I have my mtac set up and it has a slight forward cant and that is all, I have another own holster that has a good bit more cant and it feels front heavy(this could have to do with it being owb), but wanted to get as close to the angle/cant as possible before ordering an expensive holster then waiting to only find out I don't like it. I know I could sell it, but being a lefty makes that harder as well

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8
    Expand Collapse

On my MTAC (1.5" clips) I have the front clip in the second hole up from the bottom. (one hole empty under the screw) The rear clip I have in the third hole up from the bottm. (two holes empty under the screw) This gives a little extra forward cant and pulls the butt of my G19 in close. Works for me, anyway! :wavey:

3. Knighj1

Knighj1
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I also have the mtac, do u have either of those Lester holsters? And does this achieve their angle?

4. Oramac

Oramac
    Expand Collapse

I have the 1.5" clips on my MTAC as well. I use the 4th hole on the front clip and third hole on the rear clip. This gives me a forward cant of (I'm guessing here) about 10-15 degrees.

5. Knighj1

Knighj1
    Expand Collapse

is that counting from the bottom or the top oramac?

6. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8
    Expand Collapse

No sir, I don't. The closest leather holster I have is an Occidental Phoenix IWB. Its very similar to the VM2. They way I have my MTAC set up does offer similar cant, perhaps a tad more.

7. Knighj1

Knighj1
    Expand Collapse

The occidental is on my short list bc it has practically no wait time and is a fine holster, basically a TT. Thanks go your help!

8. Oramac

Oramac
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the long time to reply. I usually only surf GT when I'm at work. :supergrin:

I'm counting from the top, though for the rear clip it's irrelevant since there's 5 holes on it.