close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question for LEOs.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RyanBDawg, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sort of new in the area. It was my first encounter with an LEO here in Clinton MS, other than having to talk to them because my apartment was broken into about a month ago. The cop that I talked to for that was a friendly helpful guy.

But I had been told by people that live here the the cops tended to pull you over and ticket you for any reason they could..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Since each state and even municipality is different you will (or rather have already) gotten different answers. Only the officer that pulled you over can answer your questions and like other have already stated the side of the road is not the place for those answers. Even if you pulled into a parking lot that is not the place to answer questions.

We are required to inform the recipient of the citation where and how to take care of the citation so that is why you heard that part from the officer.

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

There's a sneaky way to cheat them out of that...

Obey traffic laws. :cool:

4. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    The commission I earned off each ticket was probably the biggest thing I miss about LE...

5. I was

6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    DUDE! What are you doing?! I've got a bunch of new bling to pay for! If you tell them that, how am I supposed to get my per ticket commission?! Rookie mistake, man...

Yeah, I'm sure you THINK you were, but could you see where, from a purely objective outside perspective, and since you only posted your half ot the story...oh, I dunno...people in here might think you're full of ****?

I mean, you were so heavily focused on the speeding aspect of it, and since you weren't cited or even stopped for speeding, is it POSSIBLE you're fudging facts, or conveniently forgetting certain aspects that wouldn't leave you in the light of a totally innocent motorist who was victimized by this money grubbing cop for no reason whatsoever?

7. Hey man, I would love to know what he saw me doing. But he refused to tell me..

8. You came to this forum with a question. One of the answers you got was to ask - call the cop or at least the department. Have you tried that yet?

It's obvious you want to know badly, but don't want to wait until court. Have you taken the recommended steps to find out? The worst that's going to happen is they'll say you have to wait for court, and you're no worse off than you are right now.

9. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Just a theory:

It was raining. When it is raining, you can be cited for going too fast for the weather conditions. You could have pealed out, slid out, whatever.

But, unless you go deal with it in court it is a mystery you'll never solve.

For my part, I am still fascinated this thing is still going.

10. Yes he was.

11. Here's the problem. Currently, when a LEO pulls over a driver, it's the LEO who exits the car. The way it should be done is the LEO should call the driver to come over to the LEO. The driver can talk through the front passenger window!

12. Gombey

Gombey

Oct 10, 2011
    Then it was official. There is NO WAY you can beat that ticket now! If he left his hat in his car the ticket would have been dismissed.

Oh and IBTL.

13. Southswede

Southswede

Sep 29, 2005
    Based on the information you provided, I would tell you to pay the ticket and go on with your life.

I say this because you have no idea what you did and had even less of an idea as to your surroundings. Simply put, speed limits are set with one number. They are not posted "30-35".

So you have not idea if you were being careless or not.

14. Southswede

Southswede

Sep 29, 2005
    Cars look like they are going fast, because they ARE going fast. Speed is not contingent upon color.

15. Southswede

Southswede

Sep 29, 2005
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::wavey::supergrin:

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    What were you charged with?

Edit - OK, I found the picture of the citation:

RaynBDawg, you were driving your "vehicle in a careless or imprudent manner, without due regard for the width, grade, curves, corner, traffic and use of the streets and highways and all other attendant circumstances." BS about it here all you want, but unless you were so distracted by texting or a cell phone that you didn't notice, you know what you did.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'm not sure if you were joking or being sarcastic - I hope so, otherwise that would be a pretty silly idea (based on safety, if nothing else).

18. Southswede

Southswede

Sep 29, 2005
    If you were obeying the law, you would not have been stopped and given a ticket.

You are providing very limited information here. You are providing information that makes it look like you are innocent of any wrong doing. Those of us working in law enforcement know there is more to this story. Having well over 25 years in the business, I tend to side with the officer-especially when I read things like you wrote. 1. you are new to that area. 2. you have no idea what the speed limit was in that area. 3. You have no idea where the offense occurred-only where you were stopped. 4. you state you were driving in the rain and don't know how fast you were driving.

There is more to this story. We will not know the full story as the officer is not posting on this thread.........

19. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

You're wanting to be presented with the evidence of your violaton at the time you are cited. That's not the way our court system works, for any charge, parking ticket on up to murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.