close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for all the NRA members here!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunnut 45/454, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

So will you allow the NRA to cave on the next AWB like they did in '94! Cause what I'm hearing and seeing in the press it's coming. So what say you!:supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. mortpes

mortpes
    Expand Collapse

Support the NRA. They are the only hope in keeping the sport alive.

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

mortpes
    Yea I used to be a member but after they caved in to the '94 gun ban I couldn't support them any more! And with there not forcing the SCOTUS to define "Shall not be Infringed " in either Heller or the Chicago case I still can't support them. They missed both oprotunities to end all debate on gun control then! Because them four words are the 2nd! And any sain individual knows exactly what they mean- the Federal Government can't make,enforce any law that Infringe on us owning/carrying any firearm we choose to have! PERIOD! Now with the latest version of AWB they will out right ban many types of firearms! So please save your join the parade speach- the NRA needs to come out hard a strong against the media bias now!:steamed:

#3 Gunnut 45/454, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy
    Expand Collapse

The NRA, while being the most effective, national gun rights organization only has about 4 MILLION members.

This make we wonder what we could accomplish if we could recruit another 4 MILLION, OR if every one of the estimated 80 MILLION gun owners would ante up and support the organization that works tirelessly to promote and protect their precious right "to keep and bear arms"!:shocked:

#4 HarleyGuy, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

80 million lawfull gun owners but only 4 million NRA members speaks volumes for the anti-gun rights crowd.

6. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

You guys need to answer the OP's question:

"So will you allow the NRA to cave on the next AWB like they did in '94! Cause what I'm hearing and seeing in the press it's coming. So what say you!"

Quit repeating all the NRA talking points. Examine the NRA's national record and you'll find that about all they're good for is raising money.

Where's the NRA on this current gun control debate?
    Have they been on TV or radio countering the anti-gunners lies?
    Have you seen any NRA newspaper advertisements?

There can be no compromise on gun control. The NRA needs to put a dog in this fight, right now.

#6 JBnTX, Dec 18, 2012
  7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

80 million lawfull gun owners (conservatively estimated) and not even 10% of them belong to the NRA. what are the folks on capital hill suppose to think? what does it say to the NRA? to the 5% of gun owners supporting the NRA about the 95% of gun owners who dont even bother to join?

#7 cowboywannabe, Dec 18, 2012
  8. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

That membership shows that the majority of gun owners have no faith in the NRA, and that's the NRA's fault.

The NRA talks a good game and a lot of gun owners fall for it.
    Most don't.

If the NRA rolled up their sleeves and went after the anti-gunners,
    their membership would more than double almost immediately.

I used to be a member but quit because my mailbox was too small to hold all the requests for more money.

#8 JBnTX, Dec 18, 2012
  9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

wow, a whole 10% of gun owners. by the numbers only 5% of gun owners are in the NRA. what that low number shows the NRA is also what that low number shows the anti gun crowd on the Hill, apathy, lost cause, ripe for the picking, how much fuss will gun owners make?, by the numbers very little.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

The only hope of gun owners is to get on the phone, fax, e-mail or write a letter to your elected representatives and tell them NOT to support more gun control laws.

If gun owners want to keep their guns, then they are going to have to make their voice heard.

If you're not a NRA member, call your members of congress.

If you are an NRA member, tell the NRA to get off it's lazy ass and accomplish something, for a change.

11. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

i agree with this principle but look at it this way, a politician knows there are 80 million lawfull gun owners, the NRA has only 4 million members. how much weight does the NRA rep have waiving his finger at the politician when the politician knows he represents so few of the gun owners.

the politician thinks the other 95% of the gun owners are ok with some sort of ban.

#11 cowboywannabe, Dec 18, 2012
  12. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

You're exactly right!

But, you can't blame the gun owner for not supporting the NRA. A lot of gun owners have no confidence in the NRA and their dwindling membership shows it.

Most Americans don't shop at Sears. Is that their fault or Sears fault?

I want to see the NRA go toe to toe with the anti-gunners and I want to see the anti-gun politicians bleed.

Why hasn't the NRA gone after Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Schumer and the other anti-gunners politically?

They waste money courting these politicians and trying to change their minds, when any fool knows these people will never change.

When I see some anti-gunners blood in the water, I'll rejoin the NRA.

#12 JBnTX, Dec 18, 2012
  13. holesinpaper

holesinpaper
    Expand Collapse

What's the alternative?

And did the NRA help get the sunset clause on the 94 ban?

14. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric
    Expand Collapse
    .45 ACP

This is why I said NRA is too late to jump in this situation. NRA is really good at piling up my mailbox with many junks and begging me to pay on unnecessary IRAs, Insurances, etc.

I think we need to start up a new ultra-NRA somehow.

15. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

GOA and SAF.

16. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Say, Einstein, do you know why you don't have an assault weapons ban right now? Because instead of going all or nothing on the permanent ban that was proposed, NRA went with a compromise - we kept all of our guns and it automatically expired 10 years later...with evidence that it did nothing to decrease crime.

Pretty good result for "caving" as opposed to the permanent AWB we would have had if the NRA forced it to a yes/no vote.

In the mean time, the NRA picked the plaintiffs and paid the way for lawsuits that, for the first time in the history of the U.S. forced the Supreme Court to recognize that you have an individual constitutional right to own guns.

Some of you people amaze me. If this is the thinking that gun owners will bring to the table, we have no hope of winning.

#16 Bren, Dec 18, 2012
  17. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

:rofl:

Right back at ya.

18. Happypuppy

Happypuppy
    Expand Collapse

I am a Life member and very disappointed. They should have known Obama was coming after guns and knew he would use an event to fuel it. The watch and see attitude stinks of " we don't have a plan or know what to do"

How about

Petitions
    Real data
    Full page ads of condolences
    how xxx , yyy, zzz might mitigate it happening again

The SAF is on cable every night and in the forefront. A much smaller organization and 100% better. They will be getting further support from myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

All firearm owners need to stick together just like the anti's do. But that is not going to happen. They are all over the place.

The NRA wasn't really our friend with the Clinton Ban, why should now be any different.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

To win a political battle only 3 things matter:

1. Money
    2. Numbers
    3. Organization

#1 is best put with whoever has #2 and #3 and most closely aligns with your interests.

I'm a Life member. I'm not thrilled with everything the NRA does but they're the only ones currently equipped to fight this battle.