close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question for Aippi - tailed follower?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Buffering, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
    I'm not here to sign the praises of one type of follower or the other however I would like to know if they are a gimmick or prevent a problem.

I personally view them as being like a full length guide rod or an ambi slide release on a .45 Auto.

Where is the magazine spring going to go if you use a non-tailed follower? There's no place for it to turn into a Slinky, that I can see. Does the follower material matter?

I need a pro opinion on this.

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    You are correct. The simple cup follower works as well as any of them.

The only thing I found that could be of value for a duty weapon is when you can reach in and feel the end of the follower when wearing duty gloves and tell it from the end of a shell. There is a minute chance you would ever need to do that but I can see it being a plus if that time came.

Yes, material matters. Never use steel or worse stainless steel as these cause slap preening. There are some great polymer and aluminum followers out there that will serve you well.

3. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
    TYVM.

By the way, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all those reading this thread.