close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for active Army Recruiter

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by Mad Man 666, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Mad Man 666

Mad Man 666
    Expand Collapse

For the last year I have been losing weight to get into the army.
    Right now by using the Body Fat formula I am currently at 34%.

% body fat = 86.010 x log10(abdomen - neck) - 70.041 x log10(height) + 36.76

My question is I keep seeing and hearing different numbers on what the enlisting body fat requirement is. I have been told 24%, 26% and 28%. I have had two different recruiters tell me 26% and 28%. Can you post a link to an official document stating what the current requirement is?

I was also told that the "Box" test was dropped is there any programs that replaced this?

2. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi
    Expand Collapse

your allowable body fat % depends on your age and whether or not you are prior service.

the "box" test was called the ARMS test which would have allowed you to enter at 32% if you were able to pass it. that has been suspended as of last year.

i've attached 40-501 which is the medical regulation. go to "PDF page" 31 and look at table 2-1 for specifics. good luck.

3. Mad Man 666

Mad Man 666
    Expand Collapse

thanks for linking the doc.

based on the formula I found I just have to lose 4 inches from my abdomen and I'll be at 27%.

With it getting warm I'm going back to running 3-4miles a day and I just started the P90X thing this week so it shouldn't take me long to lose the 4 inches.