Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Question concerning my new g19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by WayneJessie, Jan 19, 2013.

1. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    The issue concerns the half-moon shaped cut that the recoil spings seats in on the barrel. The spring does not stay seated all the way down in the cut but slides up to the edge . No malfunction in operation and may be just normal.
  2. Hi Wayne, from what I have read is that this is normal.
    Here is an explanation that helped me:

The rear of the recoil assembly rests in the frame just infront of the take down lever. It never touches the barrel during use and when assembled. Lock the slide back and jiggle the barrel, you see they are not touching. The notch on the barrel is just to hold it in place while you assemble the slide back onto the frame. That is why when you take it off, its never in the just lands wherever it was in the frame at the moment the barrel came far enough forward to contact it again as your sliding the slide off. The gun flexes quite a bit under recoil.. During this "flexing" it's very likely the recoil assembly shifts it's position... After all, the assemblies really aren't held in place by much force when you compare it to the gun when it's firing..

3. Macbooklover91

Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Entirely normal. Enjoy your new gun.:wavey:
  5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    the lower notch is the assembly position.

To avoid damage make sure it is there WHEN assembling.