close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question about Wilson ghost ring sights on an 870P

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by plouffedaddy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I like the Wilson ghost ring sights that come on some 870P models... Can they be added to any 870? If so, is it just a simple drill/tap/mount?

Yes, I know people like beads. I have beads too but I like ghost rings as well.

2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    The rear involves drilling and tapping two hex bolts, the front can be epoxied (mine flew off twice), although brazing (hard soldering) is better.

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    The front will not come off is installed correctly. You cut off the front bead and then place the sight over the pedestal base. Trace it with a pencil. take it off and with a small file or tip of a small flat head screw driver scrape off the finish from inside the pencil lines. You then take sand paper and remove the finish from the base of the sight, or scrape it off. degrease the areas and follow instructions for install the sight. You are now bonding bare metal to metal and not finish to finish and it will not come off.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I have never understood why somebody doesn't just make ghost ring replacements for the Remington rifle sight dovetails. I'd buy some.

5. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    aippi---thank you for the details; very helpful.

I probably would too. That said, I do like the added sight radius of the Wilson set up. Necessary? Nope. But it is nice to have...

6. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Wilson will supply and install a set of Ghost Ring night sights for something like $145 including labor if you send your gun in. I did it a few years ago and got it back 2 weeks door to door.

7. Al Czervik

Al Czervik My arm!

Aug 18, 2006
    Bushwood
    I can't speak to installation, but I have a set on my Wilson Border Patrol model 870. They are well worth whatever it costs for Wilson or your local, trusted gunsmith to install them.