close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about the Ladies' Restroom

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NewWaveGuy, Mar 24, 2012.

1. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy BRAVIA 4 LIFE!

Aug 26, 2010
    I was watching an episode of MAD MEN, and it appears that when the ex- Mrs. Draper goes into the restroom, that there may have been a female restroom attendant. I thought this elusive treat was only for the fellows?? So, are their female restroom attendants in the ladies' restroom? :supergrin: :wavey:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom

Mar 2, 2009
    Lone Star State
    Back in the 60's I can remember seeing attendents in the upscale department store restrooms. It was expected that you would tip them for their services. I imagine they were in other restrooms as well.

3. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    Most nightclubs I've been to have attendants in both restrooms. In the case of the clubs I've been to it seems they were more there to curb bad bathroom behavior (fighting, drug use, sex) than to push their mints and paper towels on the customers.

I've been to a high-end restaurant where I washed my hands (the attendant turned the water on and pumped the soap) and then the male attendant in the mens room grabbed my hands and started blotting them with a new towel from a basket. The towels were even warm. I think I gave him like $3 just cuz I've never had that kind of treatment before.

4. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Never seen one. I think it would creep me out. I like to be alone when I pee.

5. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Who can't forget Babs Kramer! Kinda long, but It's Seinfeld...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2Y_wuV4jk"]The K-mans name revealed - YouTube[/ame]

6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    I must admit I don't care for "attendents in bathroom either" The only place it didn't "bug" me was at Florida state fair. IIRC people bid for "consession" of bathroom. They maintained it, provided towels, soap, TP,etc and had a person to (oversee) I think I tossed a buck and gent seemed happy with it. They guy had mop, dustpan, other cleaning supplies handy and I would guess they cleaned it hourly.
    Person does the work/makes things nice I don't mind a tip. (not a big tipper.) Those that expect it because they are (there) not so much.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Attendant!!?? Heck in my limited circles I consider it lucky to find a restroom out there that has toilet paper in it, and equally surprised when more than a day or three goes by and I do not have to explain to someone that among the things that make the US a bit different apparently than where they are from is that we have indoor plumbing that we use instead of the sidewalk, parking lot, planter, etc.