Glock Talk banner

Question about the Colt Commander

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MajorD 
#1 ·
I want a Colt Commander with no frills in SS. I DONT want an aluminum frame. How do I know I am getting one. I know the Colt Combat Commander was what the steel frame Commanders used to go by. Are the Colt Commanders steel frame now and the "light weight" Commanders the aluiminum frame models?

I am gonna have one ordered by my dealer most likely and just want to make sure to get it right...

TIA.

#5 · (Edited)
Wish I could help, but every gun site seems to be out of stock on a ton of guns. Seems pretty strange to me. I even posted a new thread in the General Firearms Forum about it. I can't remember seeing as many guns out of stock as there are right now. :dunno:

#8 ·
I just bought one in February. I am already through the 500 Round "break in" period. Get one. You will not regret it. And to answer your question I believe it comes in 3 flavors: The original kinda GI looking gun, The stainless on stainless with black grips and GI like sights and the third one which has night sights I think.

I plan on sending mine in to get the ejection port lowered and flared, a trigger job and night sights installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.