Glock Talk banner

Question about reasons for denial...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ditch_digger 
#1 ·
I was wondering if this might be a legitimate reason to be denied admission to a Lodge. I was filling out my petition and got to the question about criminal record. 16 years ago I was drunk at a concert, 1 week after my 21st birthday, bought a 19 year old kid a beer I didn't even know. Long line and I was near the front so he asked if I would get one for him. Being drunk and not paying attention I went ahead and did it. Right after I handed it to him I was arrested by an officer. I paid my court costs, served the community service and completed probation without any problems. No jail time served. Official charge was furnishing to a minor. I have stayed out of trouble for the last 16 years and not even had a warning for speeding. Would this be a factor that might cause the Lodge to deny membership to me?

Just wanted to run it past some members to see if that would be a reason you would "blackball" someone.

Thanks in advance...

ditch_digger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.