close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question About Older Ithaca 37

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by chpullen, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Long ago, before I had any appreciation for such things, I inherited my grandfather's Ithaca 37. It has no serial number that I can find. I'm pretty sure my grandfather had it at least in the early 50s, probably earlier. It is in good shape, and I want to keep it, but I'd like to figure out (roughly) how old it is. Also, it needs a new magazine spring. Any ideas on where to get information and parts for this old shotgun would be appreciated.

Edit: I found the serial number thanks to a fellow on another forum. It is 42683. That gives a date of manufacture of 1941. Any info on this old gun, or older Ithacas in general, will be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. GravelFan

GravelFan

May 8, 2009
    You should contact http://diamondgunsmithing.com/ The guy running the shop spent more than 20 years working for the Ithaca Gun company while they were still in Ithaca, NY. He's extremely knowledgeable.

3. fiasconva

fiasconva

May 4, 2008
    York County, VA
    Try shotgunworld.com They have a section on Ithaca's and you'll probably find out all you need to know there. The mods and members there really know their guns and it's one of the best shotgun sites around.

4. Thanks guys. I've already communicated with Les at Diamond Gunsmithing. Very nice and prompt reply. I'm looking at getting the shotgun re-blued and one barrel cut down to a little over 18 inches. I'll keep you posted.