close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question about Magpul.....?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by stihlhard, May 6, 2011.

1. stihlhard

stihlhard

Apr 14, 2011
    Iowa
    Anyone like/dislike the Magpul B.A.D. tactical lever?

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Have one, use it, love it. Makes reloads and clearance drills MUCH easier and faster, especially in conjunction with a Gunfighter CH.

3. stihlhard

stihlhard

Apr 14, 2011
    Iowa
    Do they come as a total replacement though, or just a slip over? I just noticed that?

4. Wyzard360

Wyzard360

Nov 25, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Phase 5 Tactical has a total replacement one. I use an older version of the one listed on their website and it works great.

5. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock Glock Armorer

Dec 28, 2005
    Florida
    Anyone see any issue with using this under stress? Doesn't it require you to manipulate it with your trigger finger inside the trigger guard or close to it?

6. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    It goes on over the bolt release. You manipulate it outside the trigger guard with the trigger finger using an up/down motion. I really like it. It makes malfunction drills much easier. If you get one, make sure you test it first because there is a known issue with some guns that it will cause the bolt to fail to lock back after the last round (it's the added weight to the lever).

7. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen Gunfighter

Feb 18, 2011
    Leesburg, GA
    I like mine a lot. You can still release the bolt the old fashioned way with the ping pong paddle, the BAD just makes it easier to "flick" the bolt closed with your trigger finger and also hold the bolt catch when you are trying to rack the CH to open the bolt.

8. djegators

djegators

Mar 1, 2009
    Tampa, FL

This sums it up for me. It works about 99% of the time, but it can cause problems, otherwise it is a great idea. For me, I am accustomed to the standard operation of the lever, and prefer that.

9. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    I had 3. Took them off & sold them. Not worth it to me. I prefer to retain muscle memory for normal manipulation.
    Sure it did make jam clearing better. But my rifles don't jam. I'm not in any field where I would need to clear jams faster. The bolt locking back was random. Most of the time it was ok, but it failed on occasion.

10. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Seems like a nice add-on but I would rather manipulate every AR weather its mine or any other AR in the same manner

11. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I like the look of the Troy version personally. They all work and thats what really matters in the end.

12. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010

If you have never had a malfunction with your rifles, you have not fired them very much.

13. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    I like them. I will vet them on every single rifle I run them on however and they must run 100% on that rifle. I also really like them not for just malfunction clearances, but reloads are faster / more efficient, but where it also really shines for me is for left handed manipulations also.

14. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    No I just have stuff that works. :crying::crying:
    I did not say never, U did.

15. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    "(Your) rifles don't jam" except for the times they do. Got it. I wonder why I thought you were implying that you don't have any malfunctions.

16. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen Gunfighter

Feb 18, 2011
    Leesburg, GA
    Obviously you've never run a class or comp. No gun runs 100% of the time. And if you don't practice malf clearance well then that's your bad.

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Its a two piece unit that is held on with a Torx screw.

18. micdude

micdude

Apr 5, 2006
    washington
    So is this an go or a no go I have been debating on buying one?

19. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    They are $25 so not much of a risk. If you mount it and hate it you can easily sell it for $20. As some one who tries to make their AR as ambi as possible I really like them (although I am currently running the Troy version). There are other makers too that have single piece designs (as mentioned before Phase 5).

20. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Yeah I have actually.. My AR does not jam to the point of needing this added device to help clear them. That's the point I'm making.