Question about Dan wesson 1911's

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by matt_lowry123, Sep 27, 2012.

1. It's been probably over 2-3 years since I've bought a DW. I've noticed the price increase and I didn't want to ask this in the other DW thread, but do they not have any "blem" models anymore? The last one I bought was a blem model and got around 200-250 off the price.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Not sure

I got a CZ 75 Champion scratch and dent model a couple years back for a great price from CZ. It looks almost new.

3. If you haven't already, call DW and ask them directly. I know there are mixed reviews on the blem models. Dave Sevrens will also probably be able to answer your question. I know he is not a fan of blem models. I think if your patient you can find a ANIB for a reasonable price. What model are you specifically interested in? For the right price I personally would have no problem buying a blem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#3 brianfede, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  4. Thanks for the fast responses guys!! I'm not really in the market right now. I didn't want to hijack the other Dan wesson thread, but I used to see them at the gun shop every now and then.

I just haven't seen any around and was wondering if they ever go out anymore.

5. I barely see them at any LGS anymore. Only at Gunbroker or the other auction sites.

6. Since DW has moved up market, I don't see why they would still want to sell blem models.

It doesn't fit their current marketing strategy, in my opinion.

7. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

#7 Paul7, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. I bought their "budget" model, the Heritage. It was in the range of a low end Kimber or Colt. (1150) IIf you look for a used DW on GB, you may find what you are looking for.

9. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo
    Millennium Member

Seems like there haven't been any new ones available in a long time -- almost a year.

10. Price range that is. But the Heritage is unquestionably a better gun. It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive DWs. Unlike the Colt or Kimber, the Heritage contains NO MIM parts.

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I bought a blem 9mm Guardian. The serial number has some slight discoloration. I'm cool with that. It saved me about $300. My DW CCO and Guardian have VERY tough, Glock-like finishes. And man do those things shoot! :wow: I'd buy a blem in a heartbeat. Always wanted a Valor...:whistling: :cool:

12. I have no problems owning a firearm with MIM parts. Lots of manufactured items have it, including aircraft. Done right, it's not an issue IMO.

I had a Kimber Custom II TLE/RL. Never had a single problem.