Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Question about converting from rifle to pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by General Tso 419, Aug 25, 2012.

  1. General Tso 419

    General Tso 419

    Oct 31, 2009
    I want a cheap gun for snakes. Here's my idea, tell me if it's dumb. I wanna buy a New England 410 single shot, cut the barrel down to about 9 inches, replace the stock with a PGO. Would that be legal? I was thinking that if I permanently removed the stock, it would.
  2. Unk


    Jul 27, 2010
    West Central FL
    No, it would not be legal.

  3. General Tso 419

    General Tso 419

    Oct 31, 2009
    I was afraid of that. Thanks. :steamed:
  4. If you paid the fee and filled out the right forms it would be legal, but just to do it? No. Barrel length must be 18" in length, and 26" overall gun length to be legal. You could still get the NEF .410 and cut it to 22" and buy a pistol grip, or cut the barrel to 18" and trim the stock according to make a pistol grip. I've seen it done on a 12 gauge Pardner. I bet the .410 wouldn't have much kick back.

    G19 - Gen 3
    G37 - Gen 3
    S&W 10-5 .38spl Snub Nose
    Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 Ga.
    NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
    Savage 24 O/U - .22LR/410

    "I don't need a $1000 shotgun. I need to know how to run the gun I've got!" - Clint Smith