close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Question about 9mm load

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Tallahassee, Oct 1, 2012.

1. noylj

noylj

Jul 20, 2010
    All "bonded" bullets are plated. What? You think they glue the jacket on?

2. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Yup, GDs definitely heavy plating. Just take a knife to one and scrape it and you will see.

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Then why do they use the term JACKET twice in that same paragraph?

I only quoted the one usage, but they also said:

"This virtually eliminates core-jacket separation"

Guess I always "assumed" that using the word JACKETED means it was jacketed, not plated.

But I did do a Google search, and see that everybody *is* saying it's a plated bullet. You would think someone in the bullet business would be able to use the appropriate terms appropriately.

4. Ceapea

Ceapea

Apr 12, 2010
    Midwest
    I never checked their website, but that is my exact load! Both my G19 and G34 love it.
    I agree, even this seems light. At least two of my load books go up to the low 6.?gr range. I loaded some up once, but they didn't work as well as 5.2gr Unique.

5. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 3, 2010
    Cool, good to hear. I was thinking about trying a similar load with a Berry's bullet. Glad it is working out so well for you.

Great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

It's been a busy few weeks for me, I haven't done any loading recently. I'm hoping to get some done this weekend and test them out early next week.

6. Rich22

Rich22

Dec 10, 2001
    Orlando, Fl
    I would have to disagree with this statement, no disrespect intended just my observations. I carry the 124gr +p GD's and even at 5.8 unique at 1.15 oal with 124gr RN bullets the recoil is not as significant. In fact, it may be my recoil spring or since I have a G19C instead of a regular G19 but 4.8 will barely cycle the action. I however gave those to my wife who has a Sig P250 and they worked very well. When I tried her gun the recoil was minimal.

Rich

7. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    5.8 will step out just a little faster, about 30fps, than the 124GDHP +P load. 4.8-5.0, not so much.