close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

quesion about handguard

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by FireForged, Jan 5, 2011.

1. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    Ok, I dont have a handguard removal tool for my bushmaster. I am confident that I can remove pull the retainer back far enough with a screwdriver and hand pressure but I have a question.

It is possible that the retainer tilt enough to bend the gastube? When I start to pull it back it kinda tilts then I stop. It doesnt seem to be pushing on the gastube but its hard to see.

If this is going to damage the gastube I will just order and dang tool so I can put equal pressure on boths sides. If it wont contact the tube, I will just put some muscle into it and pop this sucker off.

Ok I am sitn here with my rifle waiting on a response...... :wavey:

2. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    I recommend having a friend (or in my case, wife) help you with it. It is a little difficult at first on my Bushmaster especially with figuring out how the handguards go together (Sorry I am a AR-15 newbie).

Better than damaging a part.

3. I dont think it would tilt enough to cause any damage. I have never had a problem caused by it. I dont have the tool so I do it by hand one side at a time on the tight ones.

4. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    Some are harder to pull off than others, but for me the the proper handguard removal tool was worthy investment at about $12.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Use another person to help or just get the tool. The right tool makes life so much easier.

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Handguards are normally only hard to remove the first time.
    If you buy the tool, it will sit in a box and never get used again.

Get a friend to help.
    Muzzle down.
    Butt against chest.
    Pull up on delta ring.
    Have second person remove handguards.