Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Quarter mile times

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by 4sooth, Jul 19, 2008.

1. 4sooth

Jun 10, 2006
    Southeast Louisiana
    With a rider of average skill what et's will the current crop of crotch rockets turn?From 600's to 1200's.

I remember in the sixties that for a motorcycle to run the quarter in the mid elevens and be street driven was considered mind bending performance.

We had a local guy who had a drag bike he street drove which consisted of a Honda CB160 frame with a 305 Super Hawk engine with a Yoshimura 350 kit which would turn 11.60's at only about 110 mph.That is as fat as the bike would go but it would do it in around 250 yards---then just driving the rest of the quarter at that speed.

It is my understanding some current bikes will exceed 90 mph in first gear!
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Box stock 1000-cc sport bikes can turn 9-something nowadays in the hands of a good rider (not professional racer). Performance bikes nowadays routinely run 10-something. Even the chinzy "normal" bikes (non cruisers) would run easily 12s and 11s.

But the true performance enhancement is in the handling. I think that chassis, suspension and tires technology and understanding made a quantum leap the last five years. Much more than horsepower output of engine's technology.

3. JadeRaven

Oct 9, 2005
    A modern sportbike will go basically as fast as you have the balls/skill to go. :D
  4. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Dec 18, 2004
    I know sport bikes of this era run some very impressive times.I've been spanked by many.Not all but many and my softail runs a decent 1/4 mile time.
    11.325 et@ 119.530
  5. michael t

michael t

Jul 3, 2004
    out back Ky.
    +1 on that Ive only launched my Hayabusa a couple times and all I can say is :wow: Holy S### now I know why they come with the hump . These new bikes make majority of so called fast cars from US ,Italy ,or Germany look slow. and for 12000 or less.
    Of course if not fast enough theirs always a turbo and other go faster toys
  6. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001

That's a good point. My ZX-11 will still keep up with just about all the new bikes but the brakes and suspension leave a little bit to be desired.