Quality of Underwood .357 Sig ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Coffee Dog, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Because I am considering buying 357 Sig ,125gr.JHP from
    Underwood ammo
    I would like shooters opinions on
    your experiences with the following:

(1) reliability

(2) tested speed of this ammo

(3) expansion

Thank-You for your time.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Coffee Dog, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sig P320 Quality Control General Firearms Forum Thursday at 12:35 PM
    NEA (Teachers Union) boss screams Democrats slogans against income inequality, pulls $505 K / year Political Issues Jul 16, 2015
    Quality control... The Okie Corral Jul 16, 2015
    Excellent deal on high quality headphones...... The Okie Corral Jun 30, 2015
    Does Nikon make a quality scope? General Firearms Forum Jun 8, 2015

3. I can only help with #1 as I don't have a chronograph. I have shot approximately 200 rounds of Underwoods 357 sig ammo and it cycled 100%. This was in a G31 and G33. I have however, shot a TON of his stuff in the 10mm and it's very consistent, quality ammo.

#2 JimIsland, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. Thank-You JimIsland.:wavey:

5. I've heard some great things about Underwood ammo.

6. You tube MrRedbull616, he has a number of videos on Underwood Ammo. I has made a couple comments and he has e mailed back. Seems like a great guy. Underwood ammo is HOT.

7. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

UW's reputation grows daily. They are innovative ammo makers.

8. I posted some chrono data in the 357 Sig forum for the TMJ's. Very hot stuff. No failures so far in 500 rounds. tnoutdoors09 has a gel test on his YouTube channel, which includes G32 chrono results as well as penetration/expansion. Interesting to see the Gold Dot hold together at that velocity, although ymmv.

good luck!

- jim

9. uz2bUSMC

uz2bUSMC 10mm defender

The vid that Algoritmist mentioned.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughIFOrIP_w"].357 SIG Underwood 125 gr Gold Dot Ammo Test (SIM-TEST) - YouTube[/ame]

10. I have shot 2 boxes of Underwood HP's through my G33 and recoil is definately noticeable but not an issue for most shooters. A subcompact G33 with a mag full of these is a serious concealable weapon. Love mine, especially with the XS Big Dot night sights!!

11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member