quality of Romanian Aks

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by >AdDiCtEd To AK's<, Jun 26, 2010.

1. I have a wasr 10/63 and its a great rifle, no problems of any kind.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Did you field strip clean and lube before using it your first time? I know this is several months out of date, but how about an update? How did you make out with the mag and what did you do or change? thanks

3. I have a Century Romanian WASR underfolder. I have had it for months and took it to the range for the 1st time today.

The original Romo magazine does wobble, but it functioned without any problems. I bought several Yugo magazines and they fit snu, no wobble at all, no JB weld required, and they function flawlessly.

I was shooting surplus Hungarian 1970's FMJ ammo. Open sights standing and sitting [no sand bags or bench rest] just shooting from a side seat postion and this rifle was surprisingly accurate. No malfunctions at all. All rounds fed, ejected and went bang.

With my shipping fee and FFL transfer fee I still paid less than $450 [i bought it from a private seller]

With my experience with this, I would seriously consider buying another. I'd have to shoot one of these higher priced AK's along side of mine to first hand see what the difference is before I'd consider buying something more expensive.

4. My Romy WASR-10 has been flawless so far. I've never shot a high end AK before so I cant really compare the two. I got 1000rds (not much for an AK) through mine since I bought it used earlier this month.

5. My Wasr is a champ. Runs great, super accurate (3-4moa!), was cheap and the finish makes it look like a legitimate AK. Just picked up a Romy g foregrip stock from centerfiresystems.com for $12, I can't complain.

6. Thanks for the link!

7. I've noticed that some of the cheaper CIA WASR 10's have visible nails in the stock. Whats the deal with that? Its ugly, but is this desireable for historical effect?

8. Great thread and learning a lot. Question, what's the difference between a WASR 10 and a WASR 10/63? Thanks.

9. I've heard that the 10/63 is suppsed to be better although I do not know why or what the differences are. I am guessing that the "63" means there was some type of design or upgrade made in 1963.....

I'd like more details as well as mine is also a 10/63.

10. Might be ease of construction, or just a lack of finishing after construction of the stock is complete.