close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Quality cop movie coming out 9/30/11

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sparkster, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster HeroHolstersLLC

Oct 14, 2010
    Central Ohio
    I wish I could go on opening night but I'll be camping with the boys that weekend. This movie looks to be well-made and possessing both shootemup action and high morals. Something you don't see out of Hollywood much. Trailer here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9VT_NBIVfs

2. Sounds like a pretty positive movie for a change.

3. puckhead

puckhead

Feb 26, 2009
    Man that looks good! Thought Fireproof was good so Im looking forward to this one

4. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    That sounds like a great message, and like it will paint cops in a positive light. I expect it to last in theaters about a day and a half.

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

There is a group from my church going to see it. I and my wife, and my kid, (well 17 year old), is most likely going to see it.

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Going along with the theme of this movie, how often do we thank God for our families, and our wives/husbands? Without a supportive wife and a child who has learned to respect God I don't think I would be in the career that I am today. Not only am I working for God and myself, but for them as well.

7. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    Yeah, it's obvious the people who are making the movie are religious and painting us in a positive light. As soon as I saw it was from the same people as Fireproof that was solidified. As much as I'm impressed with a police movie showing us positively I'd be more impressed if it was from normal Hollywood.

8. You read my mind. I hope it lasts longer than that. If anyone attends it on opening weekend, give us a review.....:wavey:

9. I see the LE profession portrayed in the movie as secondary to the message.

10. C/O-RC

C/O-RC

Aug 21, 2007
    North East
    yea my wife made me watch fireproof (the makers of this movie) they take heros and tell them what they do isnt good enough... you need to find a balance just like anything in life... i was kinda hoping for a movie that tells housewifes to step up their game thats what i need.... what would they call that movie? First there was FireProof, then Courageous and now StainResistent?

11. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    My wife and I have set this night aside for our monthly movie date night. We have liked the other movies by this group, Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof, so I'm sure this one will be good as well.

As much as I love big budget Hollywood blockbusters, I love a good low budget Christ centered movie like the ones this company puts out.

12. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    That will start to happen if these smaller-production movies start to bring in considerable audiences and make money. We consumers are the ones to make that happen.

Fireproof was a little cheesy in some area of dialogue and scenes, but was a great message and a big step up in production reality from the Left Behind movies. I personally know of a marriage that was saved because of that movie (or at least the movie got this couple turned around in the right direction), and from what I've heard there are thousands nationwide. Name anything Hollywood puts out that accomplishes anything like that.

From the trailer, Courageous looks like it will be even better from a quality film standpoint.

13. dano1427

dano1427

Jan 3, 2001
    Seems more like a recruitment piece for the Sherwood Baptist Church, than a pro-PD flick.

14. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    wow dude, you have been a member since 02 and I had no idea you existed :rofl:

15. efman

efman

May 22, 2005
    georgia
    dragging my girlfriend to see this on my next weekend off, hope its good!

16. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

Feb 11, 2006
    Pa
    Can't get youtube at work.

What's the title of this movie?

17. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Courageous.

18. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Jan 31, 2007
    Tuktoyaktuk
    Saw the word Fireproof, closed window.

People's relationship with the invisible man in the sky who can't manage money is their own business. Movies about it are a waste of time.

19. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    God is not a man, nor is He invisible. I don't think any major world religion teaches that. No "heaven in the sky" either, many of us just don't have a concept for anything but the earth so we end up looking up.

But thanks for your input, and God believes in you even if you don't believe in Him. ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011