close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Q:pummelo,tangerines,grapefruit, tangelo,etc...

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by noway, Feb 17, 2004.

1. For thoose that eat alot of citrus fruits, which do you perfer?

I like tangelo and pummelo for their sweet but tangy taste. Pink grapefruits are my 3rd pick if they are grown right.

Spanish or Philipines grown tangerines are my next pick but they are harder to come by and only available locally in the months of nov-thru-jan and cost alot more.

Sour ( Naranja ) oranges are my #1 pick for cooking with seafood,chicken or pork. I think it provides more but less harshness than lemons and limes.

So what do you eat and cook with?

2. hispeedlodrag

hispeedlodrag needs vacation

Dec 12, 2003
    around here
    I like preserved lemons for cooking, kumquats for holiday cranberry sauce/compote, and red grapefruit for gf/avocado salad.
    I also frequently use zest of orange and lime for cooking/stir frying.

3. jetrecbn1

jetrecbn1

Mar 30, 2000
    I like pummelo's and tangerines. Give "ugly fruit" and "unio's" a try. They look like rotting citrus. For cooking try to locate calamansi(Philippine native).

4. I actually had ugly fruit. Was not to impress with the taste.

the others ones I have to look into. Kinda hard to get exotic citrus from others parts of the world here in Fl.

I know when I was in the Philipines. the local markets off base had numerous citrus fruits that I have never ever seen before.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Limes are my favorite.

I will take a lime, slice it, salt it and eat it like an orange;f