close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Put On Your Chains: Election Called For Obama

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by aircarver, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    They're clearly in denial of reality and need professional help.

We'll see more of this in the next two weeks.
    I'm still waiting for that one big "October surprise"?

2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
  3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    "a CBS News affiliate in Arizona"*
    Why has only one station in one state has done this "test"?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  4. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    All stations test. Once in a while somebody makes a mistake and the test leaks over into a live broadcast.

5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

From the article:
    So, how did you know what they were doing when they aren't commenting on what they were doing? Psychic Hotline?

Or just blindly coming to the left wing media's defense and thinking later?

6. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Wow ! ... :wow:

The chaser at the bottom of the screen is such new technology that they have to test it incessantly ! ...:wow:

Nobody knew how to type the traditional "This is a test... Testing 1,2,3 ...." ?? ...:shocked:

Yeah... they were 'testing' all right ..... :upeyes:

7. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    I'm offering the most likely reason for what the OP shows. I suppose it could've been a conspiracy to make people think they overslept by two weeks, the election was over, and their guy lost so they shouldn't bother going out and voting in two weeks. :dunno:

Hey, let's not bother discussing anything at all unless we were actually there. Sure, it might hit GT's visitor count and bottom line some, but at least we'd know "the facts". :upeyes:

8. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    It's not the system that shows the chaser that's being tested. It's the system that grabs the election results and shows them in real time that's being tested. Do you think that happens by magic? Where do those results come from?

9. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Since you guys are so quick to mock my possible explanation for such a thing happening, why don't you offer one yourself? What was the purpose of showing these numbers two weeks ahead of time?

10. aircarver

The DNC, mostly ....:upeyes:

11. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    For those interested in how things work in real life (an admittedly small target audience, but what the heck):

12. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    This is good. I'm sure thousands of Obama supporters saw this and have decided they don't need to vote after all!

13. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Occam's Razor, and a belief in the incompetence of individuals leads me to go with the "Boo-boo" theory. The fact that the numbers were not that realistic, with 17% "other" reenforces this, still I think they need some "education" on testing procedures, which include not using an individuals personal preferences and real names etc. Now some thing like "Foghorn Leghorn 42%, Sylvester the Cat 47% other 11%" is harmless and might be viewed as funny if it "slipped out". Unfortunately it seems that while they think of themselves as "with it" younger people today lack imagination. A side effect you too much time in of electronic devices that create imagination for them so they don't have to use their own.

14. aircarver

This ! ... :thumbsup:

15. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    The experience of seeing election results two weeks before the election is enough to convince any sane person that the results aren't real. You don't need fictional names for that. That the results are fictional is self-evident.

Foghorn Leghorn and Sylvester the Cat are probably registered trademarks that could be problematic to use in that situation.

16. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    No, you do not use real names and anything like potential stats in a simulation. I doubt the chicken and the cat are going to sue over free publicity.

Note the fact that I wa agreeing with your assessment and don't be the tool that nature made you, rise above it.

17. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Of course you do. You make the simulation as realistic as possible. Have you ever done this stuff? The same rules apply as to libel, slander, or breach or privacy: if it can expose you to liability, scrub the names, otherwise just use as much actual data as you can. Politicians' names certainly don't merit replacing.
    They might. Being placeholders for two repugnant people is harmful to a brand.
    The fact that you attributed it to incompetence and lack of creativity, without having any knowledge whatsoever of the craft in question, deserved response.

18. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    We do not "mock" on this forum, thank you very much.

[​IMG]

19. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

This election is going to be for you guys, isn't it? :supergrin:

You just don't have anything.