close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Purchasing a new Glock 21: Gen3 or Gen4?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Brookelynngreen, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brookelynngreen

Brookelynngreen

So I have decided that I am going to purchase a Glock in .45ACP. I do not know which glock to get. The Glock 21 Gen 3 has been out for many many years and is proven. The Glock 21 Gen 4 is somewhat new and has had some things already wrong with it although the flaw was corrected. I am using for a self defense and range shooting gun. So what if the gen 4 comes with an extra mag and better grip? I'd rather have the peace of mind using a Glock 21 model that has been "perfected" if you will instead of something "new" that may still have some bugs in it that need to be worked out. If I choose a Glock 21 Gen3 it will be the SF model. So what do you guys think about choosing a Glock 21? Gen 3 SF or Gen 4???

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

I think you'll be happy with either generation. It all comes down to personal preference IMO.

3. GaryC

GaryC

+1 Which ever one feels the best in your hands assuming you don't want to reverse the mag release for left-handed operation.

4. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Like mentioned, you won't go wrong with either. Get what feels best. Either will be flawless. Myself, I prefer the 3rd Gen, and that's only because all my Glocks are 3rd, but, if I needed another, I wouldn't hesitate getting a 4th! Especially with the G21! Have heard nothing but rave reviews, but I do like my 3rd, it has been spectacular since day one.

5. Pythonman

Pythonman

Same here, so far nothing but Gen 3s but after shooting a Gen 4 G34 the hook is set deep, Gen 4 all the waay baby!

6. bac1023

bac1023

:agree:

I wouldn't buy a 9mm Gen 4 though. Unfortunately, the 9mms are really the only Glocks I'm a big fan of.

7. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

3rd no question, i want a glock because it keeps on ticking with no issues. Sorry but gen 4's just don't do this. you couldn't give me a gen 4 Glock of any caliber.

8. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

I like my Gen 2 Glock the best, my Gen 3 is OK but couldn't stand my Gen 4 M26 trigger until I swapped out the trigger bar for a Gen 3.

9. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

The Gen4 G21s seem to be doing just fine. I've not heard anything negative about them, and I certainly don't have anything negative to say about mine.

10. larson1122

larson1122

I prefer the Gen 4 over the Gen 3 but both are just fine. Sounds like you've pretty much already talked yourself into a Gen 3 though. I haven't heard of any issues with the Gen 4 21's so I wouldn't let that stop you from considering one.

11. ILannoyed

ILannoyed

My Gen 4 21 is the softest shooting .45 I've ever shot. The Gen4 21s are not having the issues that the 9mm guns are. It is an excellent gun and quite possibly my favorite of all the guns I own. Felt recoil is similar to what you experience when shooting a G17.

12. silversport

silversport

I didn't care for the Gen 2 G21s...I had a G21...it was pretty nice...then I got the G21SF and it was better but only incrementally from the regular G21...now I have the G21 Gen4...I find it feels the best of all the G21s made so far...feels more right sized and shoots like a honey (although my experience was that they all shot just fine...)

Bill