Public restrooms

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by fallenangelhim, Oct 3, 2011.

1. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim come get some

As I type this on a John in Nordstrom, how do you gentlemen deal with sitting down on a john with a holster on your belt. I certainly don't want my tools to drop on the floor. I removed mine from my belt and sat it at the sink counter on top of a sheet of paper towel. I also had to occupy a handicap stall.

Sent from my Android

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. You set it in the crotch of your pants that are sitting on the nasty disgusting floor between your legs. If you can maneuver it enough on your belt you don't even need to take it off.

3. I avoid public poopers at all cost. It has to be a real bad situation for me to use them.

4. I use a Belly Band and just shimmy it up to my chest and squirm it back down when done. For me another reason a Belly Band works great for me.

5. Jeez, is that you in the next stall? Stop with the damned clicking already.

And you're eating way too much meat in your diet.

#5 Patchman, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. Never, ever remove the gun/holster and set it on a flat surface (TP dispenser, water tank, etc...). I know, I know, how would anyone forget to grab it when they're done, right?

Well, there are enough stories that it probably happens much more often than people would care to admit.

7. This is Glock, right ?

Just put it in the toilet before you go, make sure to hold on to the belt while you flush, hose it down in the sink with lots of soap, put it under the dryer and you're good to go.

At least this should be true based on all the glowing reviews about Glocks I read and heard before I ordered mine.

8. (chuckling)

9. Here we go again..

10. I leave mine in my cbst and sit down and go. I don't understand what problem you are having?

11. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor
    CLM

Lean it on the top of your foot/shoe. Don't even have to take it off.

And TMI BTW.

12. Indeed. This should be a sticky. :supergrin:

13. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim come get some

This oh **** moment crossed my mind.

14. If it falls in the water, you're on your own...:rofl:

15. smart carry at 330-4. Stays right by my hip the whole time while going.

16. I am careful about it. I avoid public bathrooms for the most part. However on occasion I do go. I always use a stall though.

17. I remember hearing a story about police officer who hung his gun on the coat hook of the stall door and when he reached to retrieve it it discharged and the bullet went up through the ceiling and almost hit another officer on the the next floor above the restroom.

Handgun on crotch of pants/shorts does the best job and that way you can't forget to take it with you.

18. I have Crohn's disease which, in this context, simply means: I visit public restrooms much more often than anybody you know. My answer is pocket carry. A G27 in a DeSantis Nemesis has worked great for me year-round. I don't even have to think about it in restrooms.

The primary drawback to carrying like this is that my draw is probably slower than anyone using a proper holster, and it also gets even slower and more awkward when seated.

Happy 5hitting.

19. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

In the rare times that I use a public restroom to #2, I am able to leave it the holster. I am just careful in guiding it down and then pulling it back up.